Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Also, forgot to mention that the serp belt has been squeaking for about a month, at idle. Not terribly loud, but it is embarrassing having the squeak on a newer truck when its running while parked in a parking lot.

·
Super Moderator
4,211 Posts
I am, now, not a happy camper!

I have put light scratches in the paint of this truck, due to hunting seasons and little trails. That I can live with, one cause I did it, and two cause I can and will buff them out.

BUT............

I was walking to the truck this morning from the store and as I am approaching it I saw bubbles in paint on the driver's side rear fender.:x

These pictures don't show the amount of bubbling due to the color of the truck and the sun.

- P
Well damn. :frown2: let us know what the dealer says.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Also, forgot to mention that the serp belt has been squeaking for about a month, at idle. Not terribly loud, but it is embarrassing having the squeak on a newer truck when its running while parked in a parking lot.
At least it was the belt. Mine ticked incessantly and obnoxiously from the coolant reservoir area and nobody could successfully fix it.

The LGZ is not a good sounding motor anyways from the engine bay or the tailpipe so I just gave up.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Well, Today I finished up the bowtie's. They are blacked out on the front and back. Matches the wheels I did awhile.

I did the vinyl on the bowtie's a while ago, but they shrank over time.

20190103_143214.jpg

20190103_143201.jpg

- Preston

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #65 (Edited)
50K miles!!!

Just a quick update.

I hit the 50,000 mile mark recently. Took it in for another oil change yesterday.

20190510_113045.jpg

Still driving great.

Truck ownership will turn 2 years old on 5-31-19.

Reverse shifting clunk has resurfaced. I will change out the air filter to see if it magically makes it go away again.

Changed out the windshield about three weeks ago.

Belt still squeaks sometimes. Makes me wonder if its the belt or bearings on a pulley.

Also, never got the tow mirrors for Christmas, instead the wife bought me "pew-pew" stuff. :grin2:

Thanks - Preston

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Well, its been awhile since posting.

Mileage is at 53,400.

I drive the company truck now, so I wont be racking up so many miles.

About two weeks ago I was driving on I-82, and a truck in front of me changed lanes to my lane, they drove over a half a sheet of plywood. Suction from underneath their truck made the plywood go up in the air and hit the front of my truck.

The plywood took out my both the chrome and black bezel from my driver side fog light and scuffed up the driver side of the bumper. Annihilated the plywood.

I have been contemplating taking off the passenger side chrome and black bezel and bedlinering the areas. Those bezels are flimzy.

- Preston

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I scheduled the trans fluid change for TSB 18-na-355 for next Monday. Hopefully that will help with the little bit of shuddering I have sometimes.

- P

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
I decided to remove the passenger side fog light bezel. Then I taped off the fog light and area around the fog light housing. I used Bed Armor. It is a great product, I have bed linered trucks completely with this stuff. Here is what it looks like now.

- P

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I have been doing alot of research on tires. In regards to different types (not brands).

I think I was ignorant to state that the 4 ply highway tread tires these trucks come with are bad/suck. It was just my application of trail riding with the truck that was not appropriate. I may end up going back to a light weight tire but with a different tread pattern than highway tread after my LT tires wear out.

I haven't been doing much driving with truck due to driving my company truck all the time.

- P

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I have hit the 60K mile mark. I am now out of warranty. After everything written in this thread, I would say that there hasn't been any major issues. I am happy with the truck still.

Still have the tranny shudder
Belt still squeaks every now and then when cold outside
(only issues I have)

- P

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Last month I put 3,090 lbs in the bed of the truck. I was hauling retaining wall block and bags of concrete. There was about a three inch sag in the rear. Lots of power in the truck. I was amazed going up hill. After owning it for three years, it still continues to amaze me. Currently sitting on 63,000 miles.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts