Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
somebody here knows the powerusa- power ion 1300 psi? can I use with water bucket?
thanks

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Hello
somebody here knows the powerusa- power ion 1300 psi? can I use with water bucket?
thanks
Whats the GPM flowrate?
The reason to use a bucket is if the draw will collapse a garden hose.
Powerusa- power ion 1300 is 1.32 GPM. I doubt it will collapse a garden hose.
A drive-in car wash is more like 3-5 GPM at 1200-1500 psi from 5hp pumps, if not more.
I looked at pressure washers for home car cleaning and decided none of them had the volume or flow rate that I like getting at the drive-in DIY pressure wash.
It wasn't worth a $2K machine to be able to do it at home when I can blow off what I need to for $3 at a drive-in then do the full detail at home.
Many of the "pressure washers" that claim high pressure are only high pressure up to five inches from the nozzle then turns into an expensive mister thereafter.
That sux. I want water, and a lot of it when I wash.
Save your money. Unless you have other uses for one then its worth it. But I suspect you will be finding the garden hose sprayer more simple and effective.
BTW,
Chemical Guys Citrus Wash & Gloss is awesome stuff!

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I have this model, it does not come close to matching the volume and power of a coin op car wash, but does quite well for an electric job designed for home use, and it provides a respectable (for a 120V electric) 2000 PSI pressure at 1.4 GPM. The washer draws 14 amps but I have not tripped a breaker while using it yet.

I really like it for cleaning my dirt bike - the coin op wand is too strong for that and is more prone to driving the water in past seals into places I don't want it to go. Have owned a few other electrics (Karcher, Snap-On) they did not last and were basically junk. The 390SS is going on 4 years old now and still going strong. The washer has a hard plastic hose, which is a bit of a PITA. I put hooks on my garage wall to loop it loosely to avoid kinking. Using the included reel will cause the hose to kink and drive the user batty.

A gas powered washer should come close to providing what the Coin-op wash gives, but I don't want another gas engine to maintain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts