Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the factory Premium Interior Package can be added aftermarket or at the dealer after purchase? I believe it's underdash lighting and (not sure) but think it's also lighting in the cup holders. Floor mats are also included in the package but can obviously be added aftermarket.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Does anyone know if the factory Premium Interior Package can be added aftermarket or at the dealer after purchase? I believe it's underdash lighting and (not sure) but think it's also lighting in the cup holders. Floor mats are also included in the package but can obviously be added aftermarket.
Thanks
It is the light package and all weather floor liners. Order RPO code PCI

The lights are two foot well lights and two in the cup holders.

Both are dealer installed options that if you order it they install it once it arrives.

You can retro fit it later if you want too. The lights are expensive for what you get.

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
A ZR1 trim is all you need, IMHO.
Or get a GMC Denali if you want it all. You will save money getting it all at one time and the work is supported in warranty.

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
A ZR1 trim is all you need, IMHO.
Or get a GMC Denali if you want it all. You will save money getting it all at one time and the work is supported in warranty.
This package is dealer installed and not part of the ZR2 or Denali options.

To be honest just buy the liners and forget the lights. You don't need them and for what they cost it is not worth it.

Even the lights for the Denali bed while they are included they are dealer installed. Not sure why but that is how they do it. I guess with so few trucks it is easier than putting on in the line?

·
Registered
6,251 Posts
I like my cupholder lights, they constantly change colors as do my shoes with the foot well lights...actually on leave them on green or blue

·
Registered
330 Posts
I like my cupholder lights, they constantly change colors as do my shoes with the foot well lights...actually on leave them on green or blue
That would be annoying, especially getting out of the truck and not knowing what color shoes you were wearing >:)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Not to hi-jack the thread, but, speaking of premium interiors...

I had my first oil change on the ZR2 today and while I was waiting was checking out a GMC Canyon Denali.. I noticed it has a dark (fake) wood panel around the shifter that looks like it would be less of a scratch magnet than the silver plastic one that I have which is already starting to show some wear. Anyone know if they are interchangeable? Part number?

Thanks!

·
Registered
330 Posts

I had my first oil change on the ZR2 today and while I was waiting was checking out a GMC Canyon Denali.. I noticed it has a dark (fake) wood panel around the shifter that looks like it would be less of a scratch magnet than the silver plastic one that I have which is already starting to show some wear. Anyone know if they are interchangeable? Part number?

Thanks!
I would think they are interchangeable since my '17 Canyon SLT has the same wood look trim around the gear shift and below the arm rest. Not specific to the Denali package. The area around the screen and steering wheel is silver.

I just wish the interior lights would turn on immediately when opening the door instead of "fading on." Also, if you look on the overhead console there is a tiny light that shines down on the cup holder. It does help if you are out in the country where there is no street lighting in order to find your cup in the holder :)

·
Registered
1,168 Posts

Thanks!
Mine in my 15 Canyon SLT is holding up great.

You can also have your existing one wrapped, that's another option.

·
Registered
330 Posts
How is your wood-ish trim holding up?
My truck is only 15 months old (2017 model year) with 9300 miles and I baby it -- uh, no kids either -- so no marks on the trim yet, but then no marks on any of the trim yet :laugh:

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I couldnt even find the lights on the chevy accessories page to see what the OP was talking about. Anyone have a link?

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
The Denali wood holds up well but it really looks fake.

The SLT looks better but not sure how it holds up.

Even in our Acadia Denali it is real wood but it looks fake. Not sure how they did that lol!

·
Registered
6,251 Posts
Mine changed from red/orange to yellow. How do I change it back?
19 ZR2 Diesel Crush orange
there is a push button below the heated seat switches, press each time to change colors or one setting it will constantly change colors and another will turn them off completely..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts