Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to replace my pads so I thought i might as well try the powerstop ones they look great. I'll see how they do on the trails

·
Registered
4,317 Posts
Well if you like the look the holes and slots look good in open wheels. But to be direct they really will not change anything in the way of performance. They may clean the dirt or water off the pad but that is all. If anything the holes remove metal from the rotors and they created less of a heat sink.

Even the top racing series only will use some lines to clean rubber away but no holes Pads no longer out glass and in many cases the holes were just to creat less Unsprung weight.

Pad material is where the prime gains are made. the key is to use materials that transfer heat away from the pads. But use care as some need heat to work.

As it is the brakes on our trucks are really a good system from them factory, You will not get a better rotor and they are very rust resistant with the treatment. If I were towing etc I would just move to a better pad from EBC,

As for the fancy rotors I can’t see them behind the wheels anyways so I will just remain with what I have, The holes are just cosmetic at least in todays tech,

I deal with most of the top MFGs on brakes and the fancy rotors just make money, Some companies are honest and others not so much.

No matter what you go with make sure to bed in or seat the pads. Most people fail to do this and the result often is a pedal pulse,

Note the guy in the video is being honest with the mud and water off road. That is the only real performance gain With them.

·
Registered
13,516 Posts
I've bought the Powerstop track day kit for my car last year and am pretty impressed with them on the track. Aside from the massive amount of dust (to be expected for a track setup), I can't complain about them at all.

I've also put their street sets on some of my friends vehicles and the initial feedback was that they were happy with the stopping performance. I've not heard any complaints since then, though its only been about a year for both of them. I imagine when it's time to replace the brakes on my truck, I'll probably go with Powerstop, barring any unexpected issues between now and then with these other sets I've installed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts