Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '16 canyon Extended cab. looking at my window buttons they have the same icon on them but express up doesn't work on my passenger window while the express up works just fine on the driver window.

Do I need to get with my Dealership to have them correct that?

Thanks!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have a '16 canyon Extended cab. looking at my window buttons they have the same icon on them but express up doesn't work on my passenger window while the express up works just fine on the driver window.

Do I need to get with my Dealership to have them correct that?

Thanks!
Only the driver window does express up on my Crew Cab.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
It's made that way for safety reasons so you don't strangle your passengers who have their heads out the window. You just know there are people out there that would.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Could you get a switch that's used in driver's side and replace passenger switch?

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk

·
Registered
487 Posts
Could you get a switch that's used in driver's side and replace passenger switch?

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk

There is a pressure sensor of some sort needed in auto up windows. Put your hand in the driver window and press the auto up. It will touch your hand and then immediately back down an inch then stop. The other windows don't have that ability. It's not a switch, but internal in the motor or attached component. That's the expensive bit of the automatic window operation.

·
Registered
31 Posts
There is a pressure sensor of some sort needed in auto up windows. Put your hand in the driver window and press the auto up. It will touch your hand and then immediately back down an inch then stop. The other windows don't have that ability. It's not a switch, but internal in the motor or attached component. That's the expensive bit of the automatic window operation.

Well that stinks! My wife’s vehicle has auto up on passenger side. I’d like to have it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Chevy Colorado Z71 3.6 V6 Ext. Bed
285 Posts
Well that stinks! My wife’s vehicle has auto up on passenger side. I’d like to have it myself.
I'm sure with enough time and $$$ you could replace the window regulator motor and associated sensors and electronics from driver side components to get this feature. I suspect GM didn't do this in these trucks to save the buyers a few dollars especially the ones who actually use them a work trucks. With passenger cars it's a different metric.

·
Registered
556 Posts
It's made that way for safety reasons so you don't strangle your passengers who have their heads out the window. You just know there are people out there that would.
You still can if you hold their head out the window whilst raising it. >:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i guess the feature i miss the most from my last 2 cars (VW and Honda) is rolling down windows if you hold the unlock button on the key fob... especially with a black interior but the AC works fast in these trucks.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
My Colorado is the same as the rest yours of course.

The Wife's TDI has Express Strangle on both sides - but they have the poison gas thing going on out back as well. Different mindset I guess...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.