Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got a Husky 18005 power washer for Christmas, I didn't get it out until today to wash my truck for the first time because the spray carwashes were doing such a dismal job on my Empirial Blue Mettallic Z71 (the hardest color I have EVER had to clean or keep clean) what I want to rant about is don't waste your money on this power washer, worst dollar let alone $289 ever spent and I can't even take it back for one reason my wifey thru the box away after I opened it and also I don't want to hurt her feelings telling her it is a piece of sh!t!!!! :twisted:

That is the piece of junk in the bottom right!

]OH and I got a paint chip the darn truck ain't even a month old? :?

·
Premium Member
16,808 Posts
What was disappointing about it?

I have a $99 Lowes special pressure sprayer that looks similar to yours except it's yellow. It does it's job for me. They're not intended to remove that filmy grime, just loose dirt. If you're expecting it to spray away the grime, then you set yourself up for disappointment. Any pressure sprayer with a high enough output to spray away grime will possibly strip the wax or paint off. I use mine primarily to remove bugs and to use less water when washing my truck.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya possibly I was just tired and frustrated at it guess maybe I'll keep it? :) Does yours spray when you have soap on mine just squirts unless it is on high or medium which won't soap? :? Another reason I was frustrated because I was looking forward to soaping up the house in the spring and giving it a good cleaning on the outside but now I will have to use a hose in sprayer for the soap and then rinse with the sprayer and that doesn't seem right. :? And it used alot of soap just to wash one truck and it was just set halfway. Probably just unrealistic expectations still wouldn't by another one. :lol:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, my last truck was Red and I was BAD to that truck I could probably count on my fingers and toes how much I washed it and a good rain would make it look presentable! :lol: Guess I get to adjust my cleaning schedule! :lol:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I guess your right, I am getting used to the smaller size of the truck as well so guess I will roll up my sleeves and get used to washing by hand! :D Or if wifey ain't watching too close maybe I just spend more time at the detail shop! :twisted:

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Yeah mine is blue it is pretty hard to keep clean but oh well thats the way it is just keep a good coat of wax on it and it cleans up real nice.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Dont give up on small pressure washers, they come in really handy during the summer. Cleaning off the deck, outdoor furniture, siding, grills... even if they are not powerful enough to cut the crud on the Colorado by themselves.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Never use a pressure washer on your truck if your don't want to screw up the paint. I've seen so many ****ed up hoods, roofs, and bedrails. :clueless

Pressure washers are very good at cleaning heavy crud from things that you will not look at up close - like concrete.

And if used VERY carefully, they have other uses. But not on something that you want to stay shiny and pretty.

If you want it to stay looking good, WASH IT BY HAND !

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Duane S said:
Never use a pressure washer on your truck if your don't want to screw up the paint. I've seen so many ****ed up hoods, roofs, and bedrails. :clueless

Pressure washers are very good at cleaning heavy crud from things that you will not look at up close - like concrete.

And if used VERY carefully, they have other uses. But not on something that you want to stay shiny and pretty.

If you want it to stay looking good, WASH IT BY HAND !
Not my piece of sheet! :evil:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Re:

Dillusion said:
Guess you never tried to keep black clean yet if you think blue is hard.

lol... x2

·
Registered
8 Posts
you know what i never understood was... Why in the world is "MAN" obsessed with trying to combine water and electricity???? just food for thought. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts