Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Does your truck have the Power Convenience Package (Power Locks & Windows)

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does your truck have the power convenience package (power locks & windows)?

A discussion in another thread got me surprised at how many members on here don't have it, and I was curious as to the rough ratio of people that do to people that don't.

·
Registered
268 Posts
power windows and locks are a must.

·
Registered
113 Posts
it makes life a little easier during the summer with cracking the windows.

·
Registered
79 Posts
No I do not have power locks or power windows...
When I had my dealer locate my truck, I asked for a truck that didn't have power windows or locks. There are only two doors so getting to the other door isn't that difficult. The windows can be operated when the truck is parked even if the ignition is turned off. I don't need the key when a summer storm comes and the windows are open. Power locks make me feel imprisoned by automatic locking. There are fewer things to go wrong in future years without the power locks / power windows.

·
Registered
478 Posts
My truck didn't come with 'em - but that's probably one of the reasons why it didn't sell so I got a deal on it. They are nice - but a lack of pwr windows and locks is not a deal breaker for me. If I had custom ordered the truck though, that would be a different story.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Love my power windows/locks until the stoopid BCM acts up.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mine has them, it was a must for me deciding on which Colorado I was going to get.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Don't have 'em, didn't want 'em....but that was before I found out the pass door didn't have a lock on it. Four criteria I had to have was 5cyl, 5sp, extended cab, and cruise.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I added aftermarket ones. I got a great deal on my truck so not having them until I could install didn't bother me. You need a third option of installed aftermarket.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I will always buy a vehical with all power locks/windows.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have a CC with a child seat in the back. the power locks with the remote are nice when carrying a kid out to the car. You can unlock the door with the push of a button. Also in the winter it does not matter if the lock freezes over (real pain on my 91 Olds.)

·
Registered
74 Posts
I wish I had it but I bought the last truck on the lot, didn't really have the option. =)

I am wondering if I can have GM install it though? Is the wiring harness different? If it's just a matter of motors and new door panels... ahh that's probably crazy because it probably cost too much.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts