Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
My experience is that it depends on how big the dealer is. If you've placed your order with a small dealer you might never get your truck order accepted. I placed an order for a Canyon the first week of October and as of last week it was still waiting for an allocation. (I've cancelled the order with the dealer, but apparently the dealer hasn't cancelled with GM so I'm still getting emails once a week with a status update.) The first of January I did some looking at dealers outside my area and found what I wanted in transit to a dealer located an hour and a half from my house. I negotiated the deal and have the paperwork all ready in place. I don't have the production date, but it would have been prior to the Dec plant shutdown and it is currently due to arrive at the dealer on 2/9/2022.

April 27, 2022 update...
Original order still waiting for an allocation almost 7 months later... don't understand how GM can snub a small dealer like that..
Took delivery of my truck from the dealer in Tampa, FL on 2/11/22. Production date was 9/2021 so it must have spent a short time waiting for chips to send it out.
Can not be happier that I found my new truck the way I did... not only did I get it sooner, but I saved about 4K in the process.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Order was placed February 24th 2022. Black Colorado LT CCLB 4*4. Luxury package, Tow package,spray bed liner.

How does one go about getting email updates on the progress of the truck order? (I’m in Canada). My dealer has said my order was accepted and I paid a deposit.

Below is an email response to my inquiry to its production.

“We have located your order BKGWC4 and can see that your order has been entered into the system and is waiting for acceptance into production. We recommend that you check back with us or your Dealership in 4 – 6 weeks.

Kieoni
Customer Care Ambassador
General Motors of Canada Company”

·
Registered
182 Posts
Order was placed February 24th 2022. Black Colorado LT CCLB 4*4. Luxury package, Tow package,spray bed liner.

How does one go about getting email updates on the progress of the truck order? (I’m in Canada). My dealer has said my order was accepted and I paid a deposit.

Below is an email response to my inquiry to its production.

“We have located your order BKGWC4 and can see that your order has been entered into the system and is waiting for acceptance into production. We recommend that you check back with us or your Dealership in 4 – 6 weeks.

Kieoni
Customer Care Ambassador
General Motors of Canada Company”
If you go to the Chevrolet web site during normal business hours you should see a chat option pop up in the lower right hand side... You can ask the virtual assistant that you'd like to talk to a live assistant and let them know what your email address is and that you'd like weekly updates on your particular order status. Should keep you informed.

Reactions: Teddyn

·
Registered
49 Posts
If you go to the Chevrolet web site during normal business hours you should see a chat option pop up in the lower right hand side... You can ask the virtual assistant that you'd like to talk to a live assistant and let them know what your email address is and that you'd like weekly updates on your particular order status. Should keep you informed.
Weekly updates don't work in Canada. You can get updates by contacting the chat option. But you have to request it every time. Pain in the ass. Not sure why they don't do weekly updates in Canada. Or you can bug your dealer weekly LOL.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My sales guy sent me updates every other Friday, even if nothing changed. I didn't even have to ask.

Weekly updates don't work in Canada. You can get updates by contacting the chat option. But you have to request it every time. Pain in the ass. Not sure why they don't do weekly updates in Canada. Or you can bug your dealer weekly LOL.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ordered Aug 26 2021. Truck was built May 19/22. All GM can tell me is that it has been released to the carrier with no date of arrival.. They told me to contact the dealership but they do not know any more than what I do. I have renamed Chevrolet Customer Care to Chevrolet Customer We Don’t Care...seems a little ridiculous in this day in age that I can track a two dollar item online for shipping/delivery but GM can’t tell me where a 50 thousand dollar truck is??

·
Registered
219 Posts
-Order placed with dealer on Feb 16th
-Order placed with GM Tues Mar 29th, accepted by production control Thurs Mar 31.
-TPW assigned Apr 25th, TPW is May 9th
-Shipped May 24th
-Arrived at local rail yard and taken off train ~June 1st-4th (guy was off 2-3, then weekend, by Monday it was off the rail car)
-Arrived at dealer June 14th
-Picked up by yours truly June 16th 5:03 pm
-Air dam removed June 16th 5:04 PM

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ordered Aug 26 2021. Truck was built May 19/22. All GM can tell me is that it has been released to the carrier with no date of arrival.. They told me to contact the dealership but they do not know any more than what I do. I have renamed Chevrolet Customer Care to Chevrolet Customer We Don’t Care...seems a little ridiculous in this day in age that I can track a two dollar item online for shipping/delivery but GM can’t tell me where a 50 thousand dollar truck is??
Wow that’s ridiculous. What state and what is the spec on the truck I’m curious if maybe your particular build is what’s causing the delay. I ordered a Z71 with a Duramax May 31 order was officially excepted by GM today 6/21

·
Registered
9 Posts
-Order placed with dealer on Feb 16th
-Order placed with GM Tues Mar 29th, accepted by production control Thurs Mar 31.
-TPW assigned Apr 25th, TPW is May 9th
-Shipped May 24th
-Arrived at local rail yard and taken off train ~June 1st-4th (guy was off 2-3, then weekend, by Monday it was off the rail car)
-Arrived at dealer June 14th
-Picked up by yours truly June 16th 5:03 pm
-Air dam removed June 16th 5:04 PM
L

·
Registered
9 Posts
If it helps at all have your dealer put your order through as a fleet order. My sales person order my truck twice. One as a fleet and the other as customer. The fleet build was accepted all be it months down the road and built .. but the customer order has still not been accepted. He seems to think it will not be built. Hopefully I will see my purchase soon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My order:

Ordered on October 29,2021.
Colorado zr2 blue diesel with rubberized flooring and wireless charging. Still waiting on a alocation.

How long do most take for alocation spot?
Depends on the dealer. Not having an allocation means that dealership DOES NOT have the ability to order the truck for that model year.
Example: 30 customers reserve in cash for a corvette at Dealer X. Dealer X is allowed 15 corvettes a year. 15 of those customers will have to wait until the next model year(fiscal year).

1 customer orders a corvette at Dealer Y. Dealer Y has 15 allocations as well but only sold 14 that year so far. That customers order is received and approved. He/she gets corvette in a few months.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Placed an order for a 22 LT Extended Cab V6 on June 21st. Dealer claims 10 weeks for delivery. I'm skeptical, especially after reading the forums a bit.

Options were purposely limited. LT Convivence, Towing and Locking Diff, Bed Liner, rocker guards, black paint.

Edit. Got called today that the Extended Cab is no longer being built with the V6. 2.5L I4 only for the remainder of the year.

·
Registered
9,048 Posts
It may be sitting in Bridgeton waiting on chips. Besides Colorado/Canyons there are also the GM chassis vans in the mix.
I drive by this lot quite often,

Building Font Wall Landmark Rectangle

21 - 40 of 45 Posts