Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it would be interesting and informative to compare order dates and delivery dates. Include your configuration and trim levels along with rough dates of event codes if you can. Current and past orders of 2021 and 2022 model year welcome

My order;

2022 ZR2 CCSB 3.6L V6 Satin Steel Metallica

Only 2 options - black Colorado badges and wireless charging

Date of order Jan 20th, 2022, workbench same day @ 1100

·
Registered
22 CCSB Z71 COL
20 Posts
My order:

Ordered July 10, 2021, cut off date for 21's was July 5th, so I ended up getting a 22. Received it on Oct. 12, 2021. I was told when I ordered it that it
would be December, so was pretty stoked to get it early.

Z71 CCSB 3.6L Sand Dune, level kit, gloss black wheels, leather, tow package, black Colorado badges

·
Registered
49 Posts
My order:

Ordered on October 29,2021.
Colorado zr2 blue diesel with rubberized flooring and wireless charging. Still waiting on a alocation.

How long do most take for alocation spot?

·
Registered
2019 Colorado CCLB Z71 V6 4WD
992 Posts
I lucked out not ordering mine but per my friend pretty much anything he is ordering is 6 months. Case in point the work truck was ordered September of 20 and was delivered June 21. The also weren't building extended cabs in that time either so that makes it weird.

·
Registered
182 Posts
My order:

Ordered on October 29,2021.
Colorado zr2 blue diesel with rubberized flooring and wireless charging. Still waiting on a alocation.

How long do most take for alocation spot?
My experience is that it depends on how big the dealer is. If you've placed your order with a small dealer you might never get your truck order accepted. I placed an order for a Canyon the first week of October and as of last week it was still waiting for an allocation. (I've cancelled the order with the dealer, but apparently the dealer hasn't cancelled with GM so I'm still getting emails once a week with a status update.) The first of January I did some looking at dealers outside my area and found what I wanted in transit to a dealer located an hour and a half from my house. I negotiated the deal and have the paperwork all ready in place. I don't have the production date, but it would have been prior to the Dec plant shutdown and it is currently due to arrive at the dealer on 2/9/2022.

April 27, 2022 update...
Original order still waiting for an allocation almost 7 months later... don't understand how GM can snub a small dealer like that..
Took delivery of my truck from the dealer in Tampa, FL on 2/11/22. Production date was 9/2021 so it must have spent a short time waiting for chips to send it out.
Can not be happier that I found my new truck the way I did... not only did I get it sooner, but I saved about 4K in the process.

·
Registered
59 Posts
  • After not being able to find a truck with a long box, I placed my order on 8/20/21. My dealer had a Canyon allocation, so I got lucky.
  • Delivered ahead of schedule on 10/15/21. Dealer installed side steps and had LineX do the spray-in bed liner before I picker her up on 10/23/21 (below).

Only 1 option - High Elevation package (leather, heated seats/steering wheel):

Car Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light

·
Registered
342 Posts
Love that look. Wanted the GMC, but ended up getting the sister Colorado Z71 in the same color. Still looks sharp, but only 90% as sharp as yours...

Reactions: AugustWest

·
Registered
49 Posts
My experience is that it depends on how big the dealer is. If you've placed your order with a small dealer you might never get your truck order accepted. I placed an order for a Canyon the first week of October and as of last week it was still waiting for an allocation. (I've cancelled the order with the dealer, but apparently the dealer hasn't cancelled with GM so I'm still getting emails once a week with a status update.) The first of January I did some looking at dealers outside my area and found what I wanted in transit to a dealer located an hour and a half from my house. I negotiated the deal and have the paperwork all ready in place. I don't have the production date, but it would have been prior to the Dec plant shutdown and it is currently due to arrive at the dealer on 2/9/2022.
I ordered from a large dealership, so would think they should have a alocation here soon. Going to contact the dealer this week see if I can get a status update or a build number or something. Like to get weekly updates even if it's not allocated yet for build. Been 3 months now since placing the order.

·
Registered
182 Posts
  • After not being able to find a truck with a long box, I placed my order on 8/20/21. My dealer had a Canyon allocation, so I got lucky.
  • Delivered ahead of schedule on 10/15/21. Dealer installed side steps and had LineX do the spray-in bed liner before I picker her up on 10/23/21 (below).

Only 1 option - High Elevation package (leather, heated seats/steering wheel):

View attachment 422385
Great looking truck! I too prefer the long bed, but for what ever reason GMC won't let you configure a 2WD CC Long bed... they will if you order a 4WD truck??? Unfortunately I have no use for 4WD and so my 2022 replacement for my 2016 GMC Canyon CC Long bed is a short bed.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ordered Oct 23 2021
CCSB Diesel Satin steel grey High elevation.
Dealer is dropping the box liner today to see if anything changes.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey LOM what do you mean by " dealer is dropping the box liner today to see if anything changes"?
I had the factory bed liner as an option and it showed a a constraint so by removing it from my option list it will hopefully remove that constraint. I can get it linex at the dealer no big deal for me.

·
Premium Member
2022 ZR2 Bison
334 Posts
Ordered on November 8, '21. Still awaiting allocation.

'22 ZR2 CCSB Diesel. Midnight package, black emblems, block heater and Bose stereo.

I'm in NY, about an hour or so up from NYC. Pretty busy dealership as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just picked up my ‘21 ZR2 duramax, ccsb, satin steel, bose/nav, tow package, spray on bed liner, tonneau cover, black emblems, etc

Beginning of December I was looking to order another Z71 but with the diesel this time and was told approx 4-8 months, the actual delivery date would be a crap shoot trying to predict. Another dealer a couple hours away had two ZR2 diesels that were about to be in transit with deals that had been cancelled due to the wait that I was able to put a deposit on and only had to wait a few weeks for.

I was told it was ordered first week of July and just arrived at the dealer in BC, Canada last week of January

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ordered 2022 Canyon Elevation CCSB V6 Satin Steel Metallic on October 6, 2021. To date the dealer is still waiting for GMC to give them an allocation so they can have the order accepted for production.
Jan 3rd I began searching other dealer web sites within a reasonable drive from home... found one that was already produced and showing as in transit. Completed the deal via email/text/phone and with a few dealer installed accessories is a carbon copy of the one I had on order... note I said had, cancelled original order shortly after finding this one. Took 4 weeks for it to make it from Wentzville to Tampa and on Saturday 2/12/22 I took possession of my new truck. Love the grey/black combo.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Cloud

Cloud Wheel Sky Land vehicle Tire

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Cloud Land vehicle

1 - 20 of 43 Posts