Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Post Your Black 2015 Chevy Colorado / GMC Canyon

157K views 383 replies 213 participants last post by  Clay Shooter 
#1 ·
Post Your Black 2015 Chevy Colorado / GMC Canyon

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Yeah. .I left it out to see if anyone knew where the picture was taken.

this is the picture I sent to my dealer..they blow it up and mounted it on the showroom wall.

Attachments

#12 ·
Took this one on the 2nd day I owned it, just went for a ride down to Lake Michigan just to drive it. About to roll 2500 miles, and I just plain love the truck. I love taking it on trips on the highway, just so comfortable. Second one is on the lot. It showed up on the GMC locater about 25 miles away, so I went to see it on a Sunday. I drove away, did a U-turn and went back for another look. A week later she was in my garage.

Attachments

#13 ·
The two pictures were before the tint and tires were put on. The third and forth are after the tint was installed/paint protection and new set of shoes. I am loving mine as well. I am getting ALOT of looks. Need to install leveling kit yet. Sorry for the crappy pictures, I will take more once I get a chance.

Attachments

Reactions: supermodulation
#19 ·
Here is my black Colorado with my Whelen LED Liberty lightbar. Lenses are kind of old and look cloudy but I have new ones coming in, so the lightbar should look a little better up there.

Attachments

#20 · (Edited)
Red/White I guess? This is what I do for a living in a small town in palm beach county, FL We use Liberty bars on our Chevy Caprice PPV patrol cars. Nice job.

Reactions: michael621
#24 ·
Nice looking truck. really like the black wheels. :)

#27 ·
And I'm only a couple of paychecks away from ordering a cargo platform from you. Next check is trailer hitch then Putco chrome bedrails . Should be complete once I get the platform other than ventvisors which I'm in no hurry for.

#28 ·
My father sent this to me. I am not sure where he got it from but I found it very true. My parents own a black Chevrolet Malibu and live in the midwest, so they understand the pain of trying to keep it clean.

Enjoy,

"I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks just fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

#29 · (Edited)
Guys, this is golden. Black vehicles are THE BIGGEST PITA in the world to keep clean. The ONLY reason I went with it cuz there wasn't anything else and I keep my cars spotless. But I tell you what, that thing OWNS me. :rofl

Forty years ago, while I was still in high school, our next door neighbor owned a car dealership and I got a job there as a lot boy. Park cars, unlock the keys out of them, gas 'em, jump 'em, and wash 'em. The detail shop was connected to the used car lot and there were a couple 'a pro's there and I literally learned how to fine-detail a car at a VERY young age.

So here are some gems that will make it easy (easier :mrgreen:) to keep your black truck shiny.

First, you have to keep up with it. This isnt' like almost any other color, white, silver, gold, pretty much any light color is a cakewalk. Black shows EVERY darned spec of dust, water spot, finger print.

Get a car duster. They call 'em California Car Dusters for a reason. It's dusty here and we like our cars clean. (Maybe they make them here. Ha ha)

Dust it off every night when you get home.

Quick detailer - get the one from Mother's or Maguires, or any of the sprays they call instant shine or quick detailer. Have it and an old cotton t-shirt for a quick touch up. You gotta do this almost every day though cuz if the dirt builds up or gets caked on there you're gonna ruin your paint and it will just cake up with the dirt. If it's really dirty you gotta wash it. It also won't work if your wax gets stripped off or worn out. My show cars just NEVER got washed, only quick detailed and waxed.

Get any birdshit off there IMMEDIATELY. The acid will etch into the paint very quickly.

Get one of the German made microfiber drying cloths - synthetic chamois. But there's only one of these that is worth a darn - they're those gold colored ones they demo at the home shows that pickup ten times its weight in water. That's the one. yep. Can post a link if you need a source.

On a light color you can dry it with the chamois after a wash and you're good to go. Black? No way. You gotta quick detail it after you dry to get the spots off.

Washing - DO NOT USE LIQUID DISH SOAP. It is WAY too caustic - it will pull ALL of the wax and sealants out of the paint. Get high quality car wash soap and either a wool mitt or a boar-hair brush. The latter are about $75 so don't think you're getting the same thing with a cheap POS from the auto parts store for $12.

303 Aerospace Protectant. This stuff is an absolute miracle. Apply to any rubber, vinyl, or plastic material for spf40 protection, no silicone oil (like armorall) and it will look like new again, protect the surface, and give a nice low-sheen lusture. Really good for tires.

Apply synthetic wax. Carnuba is great for a show car but it's not durable enough for a driver. It shines great but wears off quickly. You want a polymer synthetic sealant wax and do the hood at least every couple of months. The rest of it can get by once or twice a year, but the hood and roof take a beating from all the weather, especially sun and dirt, industrial fallout, etc.

I know, we should probly have a detail thread, but hey, these are the black rigs and we poor suckers have it REALLY bad. :mrgreen:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.