Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
James, I've tried to email a couple times about the transfer case plate, but your spam filter seems to be kicking my emails back. Do you have another email?

·
Premium Member
5,044 Posts
James, I've tried to email a couple times about the transfer case plate, but your spam filter seems to be kicking my emails back. Do you have another email?
Text or call is best.:wink2:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Some of these pictures are really awesome! I'm getting into the skid options at a later time, I know, but is there a comparison somewhere on here about SuperSkidz vs. CBI vs. 589Fab?? I'm considering all 3 and am definitely most interested in the steel options. I'm leaning towards SuperSkidz. Let me know what you think about the different brands?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Bumping this. I have the '19 All Terrain ...the AT does come with a cheap GM for the front. Is the superskidz totally bolt on without any drilling? I was looking at some other offerings and some require extra drilling, etc.

I do have a zone lift if that makes any difference. Thanks!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Alright, just rounded off the set with #3 and #4 installed not long ago.

And they came pre-soiled as I got them off a buddy who traded in his rig. So far #1 and #2 have proved worthy and taken a good number of hits. Glad to have the full set now.

I'll have to tidy up those U clamps by cutting down the extra, but will deal with that later.

·
Registered
879 Posts

And they came pre-soiled as I got them off a buddy who traded in his rig. So far #1 and #2 have proved worthy and taken a good number of hits. Glad to have the full set now.

I'll have to tidy up those U clamps by cutting down the extra, but will deal with that later.

View attachment 381500

View attachment 381501
I found the u bolt farthest on the passenger to be rubbing the brake line quite a bit, did you notice that? Also apparently you can reverse the u bolts and mount them the other direction...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
879 Posts
Bumping this. I have the '19 All Terrain ...the AT does come with a cheap GM for the front. Is the superskidz totally bolt on without any drilling? I was looking at some other offerings and some require extra drilling, etc.

I do have a zone lift if that makes any difference. Thanks!
Yes there is no drilling required. The alloys are decently light over steel skids as well. Not sure if your lift would interfere... Likely not.

Also for what it's worth, fumoto valve is recommended... And I have confirmation a diff drop is still possible when these skids are on..

·
Registered
503 Posts
I found the u bolt farthest on the passenger to be rubbing the brake line quite a bit, did you notice that? Also apparently you can reverse the u bolts and mount them the other direction...

I did notice that myself. And I didn't quite like it either, as it's not just resting on it, it has a bit of tension on the corner. I'll look to see about cleaning that up some. That's why those bolts are still as such. Nothing seems like it's gonna crap out, but could use a little nip and tuck.
When I first got the truck I slammed it down on what I thought was a lovely grass trail. Turns out the grass was hiding some wicked potholes in the dirt. So the first mounting point of the truck next to the steering rack was all bent and caused a few misalignments down the rest of the set. A few curses and some sledge hammer work massaged out a few things. But that brake line will need a lighter touch.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I did notice that myself. And I didn't quite like it either, as it's not just resting on it, it has a bit of tension on the corner. I'll look to see about cleaning that up some. That's why those bolts are still as such. Nothing seems like it's gonna crap out, but could use a little nip and tuck.
When I first got the truck I slammed it down on what I thought was a lovely grass trail. Turns out the grass was hiding some wicked potholes in the dirt. So the first mounting point of the truck next to the steering rack was all bent and caused a few misalignments down the rest of the set. A few curses and some sledge hammer work massaged out a few things. But that brake line will need a lighter touch.
I did the same on my first off-road drive. Flattened the skid support bracket a bit. I used a come-along to pull it back straight before adding a 589 skid plate support bracket, then my superskidz 1-2.

Also I just left the furthest bolt off. Should be fine imo... And I did wrap the wiring with some added protection a bit.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts

View attachment 381500

View attachment 381501
Turn the U bolts around, they should point up. No problem clearing the brake line.

Reactions: alphaecho4386

·
Registered
879 Posts
Can they be bought separately?

I only see them sold as a set 4 piece.
In the past yes.. but the listings on eBay don't support that theory today. Message James directly if you search you'll find his number and ask.. via text.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts