Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
What are they?
Maybe I should re-word that..
What are they made from, and what do they protect?

·
Premium Member
5,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@;
What are they?
Maybe I should re-word that..
What are they made from, and what do they protect?

Our standard front Skidz. We also make them in steel and custom to order.
Superskidz Front Skid Plate for 2015 and 2016 Chevy Colorado GMC Canyon GMT700 | eBay

Black Powder Coated
Alloy: Aluminum
Grade: 5052
Thickness: 3/16
Strengthen/shaped: 140 ton cold annealed parabolic harden
Shaped: LASER cut
Excellent corrosion resistance
Ribbed for extra strength
SuperSkisz is well proven in the field for over 12 years

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
PM'd you

·
Registered
54 Posts
I like my skid, And I hope you make more for the rest of the truck.

Reactions: HICO808

·
Registered
32 Posts
Bought all three skid plates, but I haven't got the diff or oil pan skid yet.

It bolted up well and the manufacturing quality is very good.

Scott

·
Premium Member
5,044 Posts
I went to put on my skids today and failed.
Not because I couldnt do it but because Im thinking of changing my exhaust soon and didnt want to put it all on to take it all off in a month or whenever. But I did take pics of everything mocked up :grin2:

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
@supermodulation just to be clear on the terminology, description & location of you Skidz, do I have it right in the photos below?

1) Front Skidz
2) Differential Skidz
3) Oil Pan Skidz
4) Transfercase Skidz
5) Fuel Tank Skidz.

And how do 2 & 3 mount? I see the front of 2 uses existing bolts, does the back of 2 & 3 mount to the crossmember?

@lqdchkn I hope you don't mind I borrowed your pics!

So far I just have the #1) Front Skidz installed on my truck- Excellent Fit & Quality Product

·
Premium Member
5,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@supermodulation just to be clear on the terminology, description & location of you Skidz, do I have it right in the photos below?

1) Front Skidz
2) Differential Skidz
3) Oil Pan Skidz
4) Transfercase Skidz
5) Fuel Tank Skidz.

And how do 2 & 3 mount? I see the front of 2 uses existing bolts, does the back of 2 & 3 mount to the crossmember?

@lqdchkn I hope you don't mind I borrowed your pics!

So far I just have the 1) Front Skidz installed on my truck.

You are Correct! BTW you did a great illustration. Thanks

Look closely at 2 and 3 skidz. you will notice the L mounting brackets that tie into your truck frame/suspension.

·
Premium Member
5,044 Posts
You are Correct! BTW you did a great illustration. Thanks

Look closely at 2 and 3 skidz. you will notice the L mounting brackets that tie into your truck frame/suspension.
I was glad to notice that you made these separate pieces. I think in your original pic they were permanently attached to the skid right?? This makes it way easier to remove the skid if ever needed without having to take that mount off the X-member :smile2:

·
Premium Member
5,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was glad to notice that you made these separate pieces. I think in your original pic they were permanently attached to the skid right?? This makes it way easier to remove the skid if ever needed without having to take that mount off the X-member :smile2:
Thanks for your help.

Yup, The modular design is the best.

oh and in a couple of weeks the 4th Skidz will be available.

·
Premium Member
5,044 Posts
Thanks for your help.

Yup, The modular design is the best.

oh and in a couple of weeks the 4th Skidz will be available.
Out of curiosity and I dont know if it would even measurable but have you seen any difference (improvement) in MPG from "flat bottoming" the undercarriage?

Im kinda curious to know, since taking the front air dam off lost about 1mpg if these are enoungh to recover any, if even a small amount, of that back??

·
Read Only
199 Posts
Compatibility with a diesel Canyon?
They're fully compatible with the DuraMax. I ordered in raw aluminum, and happy I did. I definitely scraped mine up a bit on a recent trip, and have always liked the raw aluminum skids that have been on my D90 for over 20 years. They take abuse well, and don't show the wear and tear like powder coated skids would over time.

They are very hard to see in regular use, really only visible from a lower vantage point when off road.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 47 Posts