Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who has them in their truck and do they actually make a difference at all? Also where can they be purchased?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I got it from jpd motorsports website under a 2012+ camaro with the LFX. Honestly there is no difference yeah a little bit of better throttle response but I'll say keep your money and spend it on something else. You could get better things for 300 bucks, I think that's how much I paid.

·
Administrator
2,734 Posts
I got it from jpd motorsports website under a 2012+ camaro with the LFX. Honestly there is no difference yeah a little bit of better throttle response but I'll say keep your money and spend it on something else. You could get better things for 300 bucks, I think that's how much I paid.
Wow.

I used Supermodulation and paid a whole lot less. And much more throttle response.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yeah I should of never waisted money like that. I got this truck over a wrx to not spend money on mods. $3500 later my gf says I should of kept the wrx. Oh well life is too short to be driving stock cars.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I had one (VMAX) on my old CTS. I can't say I noticed a huge difference but there was definitely better throttle response. I also had it Trifecta tuned at the time. Doubtful I will pick one up for this truck too, would rather spend the money and have some custom exhaust work done or something.

·
Administrator
2,734 Posts
Just remember, you don't get a ported throttle body expecting to drop 3 seconds off your quarter mile time. When you get a ported throttle body, with a CAI, cat back exhaust, tune, etc. Everything all together supporting each other and then you'll notice a significant increase in power.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yeah I should of never waisted money like that. I got this truck over a wrx to not spend money on mods. $3500 later my gf says I should of kept the wrx. Oh well life is too short to be driving stock cars.
I sold a 2012 WRX, heavily modded, for this truck and I love it. Dropped in the K&N filter, exhaust, lift...blah blah. Its awesome and I have no regrets giving up my WRX and getting this truck. You'll love it. Its different, you just have to give it time.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have trifecta tune CAI and currently building my own exhaust. So a PTB will go good with my setup. And once these forced induction kits start coming out I will be moving forward on that as well. So PTB falls right inline with my needs. Plus Im not a mustang owner where i buy a few stickers and a loud exhaust and think i break land speed records!!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
I was thinking about instead of a whole new throttle body why not just replace the butterfly? Thats what I did on my 98 Sliverado with a 5 liter engine and it did increase the smaller throttle opening response, can't honestly say it improved mileage,hp, wide open throttle response etc.. but it was snappier right off idle. It had a lip that was about a 1/4 tall on the underside portion where some removed that lip and others like myself just replaced the butterfly with one without the lip.And, it didn't cost anywhere $300. :)

Chris

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ported Throttle body will be in today from supermodulation. Cant wait. Do a log and send it in to Trifecta to see if any changes need to be made. Update by this weekend hopfully

·
Registered
96 Posts
Installed ported tb from super modulation today. First impression is holy awesome throttle response batman. First little test drive around the block was really awesome. No more jerking coming off idle. Really felt like it was on a cable. Smooth transition off idle and drivability has improved. Night and day feel so far. Going to do a log this weekend and send it to trifecta and see if they need to make any adjustments.
James did an awesome job, great communication highly recommend his work!!!!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Installed ported tb from super modulation today. First impression is holy awesome throttle response batman. First little test drive around the block was really awesome. No more jerking coming off idle. Really felt like it was on a cable. Smooth transition off idle and drivability has improved. Night and day feel so far. Going to do a log this weekend and send it to trifecta and see if they need to make any adjustments.
James did an awesome job, great communication highly recommend his work!!!!!!

How did you contact Supermodulation?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Best way to contact him is on 355 nation that's what I did to order my front skid plate from him... it's another forum for canyon and colorado owners...

·
Registered
379 Posts
Just remember, you don't get a ported throttle body expecting to drop 3 seconds off your quarter mile time. When you get a ported throttle body, with a CAI, cat back exhaust, tune, etc. Everything all together supporting each other and then you'll notice a significant increase in power.
How much HP could be hoped for doing all of these and tuned properly? Difference in driving from just tune, etc. Thank you!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts