Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Emailed vmax last night and this dude Pete called me a few hours ago essentially saying the TBs they mill for the camaro v6 are very likely compatible with the Colorado. Said visually they seem to be identical but needs some closer pictures and some serial numbers to confirm for sure. Sooo if anyone takes the cover off their engine or installs a new air intake please take some pictures and post them. Do it FOR SCIENCE. and low end horsepower.... Cheers.... Stupid engine cover

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Both the Camaro and the twins share the same engine; RPO Code LFX, there is no reason why they shouldn't work

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Idk man. Chevy is weird. You'd think it'd work considering how much work it would be to reconfigure it for one engine. But I've been more sure of other things only to be proven wrong. Better safe than sorry.

·
ColoradoFans.com Site Sponsors
586 Posts
Emailed vmax last night and this dude Pete called me a few hours ago essentially saying the TBs they mill for the camaro v6 are very likely compatible with the Colorado. Said visually they seem to be identical but needs some closer pictures and some serial numbers to confirm for sure. Sooo if anyone takes the cover off their engine or installs a new air intake please take some pictures and post them. Do it FOR SCIENCE. and low end horsepower.... Cheers.... Stupid engine cover
maybe I'm missing something obvious or im just not as strong as i used to be but how do you get these v6 engine covers off. i removed the torque screw in the front and popped the oil cap off, but it seems like theres a good bit of resistance preventing it from coming free. in taking a closer look it seems like the air intake among a few other odds and ends are attached to the cover. I hope I'm just being absent minded and overlooking something, because having to detach all those bits just to get the cap off would suck.

first post. woot woot

The cover is not only held on by screws from all directions, it also integrates the air bridge/duct going from the throttle body to the intake manifold.

http://i60.tinypic.com/15813wg.jpg

Removal is not straightforward as you will need to loosen the clamp to the throttle body by access through the bottom of the engine cover.

Are you just looking for better throttle response?

The TRIFECTA calibration will not only give you better throttle response, better shifting, and better fuel economy: gains +31 ft-lbs and +27 WHP under the curve.

And we're currently offering promo calibrations (demo tunes; free to try) right now; otherwise retail starts under $299:

Link:

http://coloradofans.com/forums/114-2015-chevrolet-colorado-forum-2015-gmc-canyon-forum/206298-trifecta-31-ft-lbs-27-whp-2015-chevrolet-colorado-gmc-canyon-dec-2014-a.html

http://i60.tinypic.com/2noodv.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/29zyl1z.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I would do all supporting mods(intake, ported TB and Exhaust) before a tune.....so you can get the max out of the tune.......unless this vendor offers free update tunes. Otherwise you'd need to tun again after you add the mods.

Modify smartly and save money while gaining power

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Also remember....GM time stamps the PCMs. If the timestamp in your PCM is not on record with GM....have fun.

So once you get it tuned........GM will more then likely void you warranty. Not saying I agree with it, but that's what they do to cover their backsides when people blow their motors and transmissions up.

·
Registered
186 Posts
The only thing I will say regarding that is I had a 2010 camaro v6 with the LLT in it. I was a tester for Hypertech when they came out with a tune. Well long story short the engine blew up...a rod melting to the crank etc. Well I was upfront with the dealership and told them everything. They came to the conclusion it really was a faulty part in the engine and put a whole new one in. The mechanic there knows his stuff and actually said there was no record on the pcm of the car being tuned so I'm not sure how much if anything they can see.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Sounds like you lucked out....awesome, for real!

After the 2008-2009 TBSS issues I know GM was cracking down hard on these types of things. Again, the right dealer can be a nice buffer to GM warranty program.

The dealer I work with has been very kind with tuned vehicles.......as long as there was no boost or juice used on the motor

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yea the dealer I work with is awesome.... I took the truck in to get the alignment done and They actually urged me to come back by as I keep modifying it.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Awesome....my dealer and service dept is the same way.

·
586 Posts
I would do all supporting mods(intake, ported TB and Exhaust) before a tune.....so you can get the max out of the tune.......unless this vendor offers free update tunes. Otherwise you'd need to tun again after you add the mods.

Modify smartly and save money while gaining power
We do! With the TRIFECTA Elite series powertrain calibrations individualization for supported hardware mods (custom tuning) is included with the service package already!

We also do our own validations for various aftermarket hardware; for example without proper calibration (tuning) support for all of the hardware mods you've listed, the ECM will learn down the power back to stock.

I'd recommend with starting with the calibration (tuning) first, and then with the free updates to update when the mods are added. Starting at under $299 and at +31 ft-lbs and +27 WHP, the TRIFECTA powertrain calibration for the Chevrolet Colorado / GMC Canyon MY2015+ is at present the most cost effective power upgrade.

The TRIFECTA calibration will not gains +31 ft-lbs and +27 WHP under the curve, but also includes better throttle response, better shifting, and better fuel economy.

Also remember....GM time stamps the PCMs. If the timestamp in your PCM is not on record with GM....have fun.
TRIFECTA Transparency Mode:

With the current generation of TRIFECTA's flash loader solutions and the TRIFECTA Transparency featureset, when flashing your vehicle, the TRIFECTA flash loader does not increment the ECM write counter or increment entries in the flash history.

This applies when flashing: a TRIFECTA Performance Calibration, TRIFECTA Individualized Calibration, or the Stock OE GM Calibration files

The TRIFECTA Chevrolet Colorado / GMC Canyon MY2015+ LFX Powertrain Calibration Reprogramming will match all CVNs, hash IDs, checksums, timestamps, and signatures of the OE GM Powertrain Calibration.

We standardize on a policy of not incrementing the write counter or increment entries in the flash history because in our opinion the flash history and ECM accumulated service history per controller module should be a reflection of (match exactly) the GM SPS/GDS programming history as per actual GM diagnostic service tool usage (server side) (timestamped).

To clarify: Undetectable by any current or known GM diagnostic tools.

Clearing or deleting entries from existing ECM/PCM flash history is available ONLY for TRIFECTA affiliates and TRIFECTA development partners

TRIFECTA ECM recovery:

With every TRIFECTA flash loader mechanism, a comprehensive flash recovery function featureset is included to recover the vehicle in case of a truncated or interrupted flash install. Our recovery feature will recover from any ECM state.

[email protected]

·
586 Posts
04 ZQ8 CC 1 owner truck, I, ME, MY! Current fleet - 08 Tahoe LTZ, 04 355 ZQ8, 87 S10 Base....the BMW is awaiting delivery to new owner - All GM again
1BADI5, would you like a promo TRIFECTA calibration for your 08 Tahoe LTZ? We can show you our interpretation of a ported throttle body with the same power gains: if you're interested, please email us @ [email protected] ,

Thank you,

[email protected]

·
Registered
158 Posts
How is it working???

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How is it working???
Yeah..been waiting quite a few days to see how it worked out???
sorry about that. theres a bit more jump out of the gate for sure. in my opinion it makes the engine sound a bit nicer (however that may be the spacer). from what i can feel it seems like its doing exactly what they advertise it to do and what I've read on the camaro forums. once they release a solid air intake kit for this truck id like to get it on a dyno and see exactly how much everything I've done to it actually improved the performance. I had already installed the trifecta tune which made it a whole lot quicker 0-30, but id like to see how much of a difference there is in a stock truck with a new throttle body.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Thanks for the update. I am also waiting to see if someone comes out with a cold air induction unit for it. Not so sure one will be coming with the design of the factory cold air induction system.

·
Administrator
2,734 Posts
Thanks for the update. I am also waiting to see if someone comes out with a cold air induction unit for it. Not so sure one will be coming with the design of the factory cold air induction system.
If you remove the engine cover, I'm sure you can use a Camaro cold air intake.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts