Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Colorado z71 3.7l 4 door
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a wulf 3" suspension lift and put it on my 2007 Chevy Colorado 4 door Z71 and now when going over any kind of bumps it pops and makes noises in the front. I'm thinking it is either the stock control arms or the sway bar end links if you know where I could get lift compensating control arms it would be extremely appreciated.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
is this a 2wd with springs or torsion bar? or 4wd with torsion bar?

if you cranked up the torsion bar they should have given you a set of bump stops, If not you need to add them.

EDIT, I just looked at the WULF kit
it does not include the differential lowering spacers(which is a big issue) nor the rubber bump stops(which is the bnging issue)

check out suspensionmaxx website, I think they have a video on installing their kit which includes the bump stop and diff drop

you do not have to buy the spacers for the diff drop, just buy enough washers of the appropriate size to make the thickness 1 inch and use the stock bolts. (You will probbly have to remove ne bolt to find the correct size) there are 3 bolts holding the diff to the frame, (one on each side and one in the back)you will have to un-crank the torsion bars to get to at least the right side bolt, loosen them all up, the dif shoulld lower a bit then take one bolt out and install the washers, if you do not do this you axle joints will go bad real quick

but then again if this is a 2wd truck with coils, none of this above matters, actually if 2wd with coils, remove the bump stops

and if you already installed the spacers just ignore above except the bump stop.

·
Registered
2007 Colorado z71 3.7l 4 door
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is 2wd and i believe the sound is being caused by the control arms and the bump stop. The problem I’m having is I can’t find aftermarket control arms anywhere

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
It is 2wd and i believe the sound is being caused by the control arms and the bump stop. The problem I’m having is I can’t find aftermarket control arms anywhere
I looked at the wulf lift

it also does not come with the poly bump stops, You stock bump stops may be rotted/worthless. 10 bucks on the web

When I had my 2011 all sites and the 355nation guys all said do not lift more then 2 and most 2.5 inches with torsion bars

1 - 4 of 4 Posts