Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help me decide which brand and type for the following performance items I should buy.
Please just reply if you had them installed in your own 2005 I5 crew cab so I am sure they are compatible with my truck:

Cold Air Intake : ( I think the recommended one is the K&N one (77 or not?)
Transmission cooler: ?
Leaf Spring system:?

I am trying to increase my towing capacity a bit. Should I get a muffler as well?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well I can only speak for my self but I like to run a drop in K&N because I think its as effective and cost less. I also run a Flowmaster super 44 muffler but its more for the sound than for performance. Its debatable weather or not the combined effect of both items would help but there realitvly cheap. For any real towing I would just spend the money and get the 4.10 rear. and a transmission cooler. The gear will by far help more than almost anything else at the expense of fuel. My truck has a 3.73 and does well for light loads like jet skiis or motorcycles but any heavy loads and you'll probably want the 4.10. As far as the leaf springs I don't know to much, some trucks you can get helper springs or spend money on air bags but I don't know what availble for the Colorado. Good luck to you I'm sure someone here can help you or lead you in the right direction. Don't forget when towing to keep in in drive.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Get the K&N 77-Series for show and the 57-Series for go.
According to K&N the 57 will give you better HP (but it's not as pretty as the 77).

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
I like my Fram Boost and Skyjacker AAL.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
There are Air bags, half and full length helper springs, lifting add-a-leafs for our trucks. The air bags probably being the most versatile since you can adjust them for ride when you are unloaded. Though if you plan to offroad I don't think the airbags are going to help with flexability.

·
Registered
382 Posts
rangerbob said:
I like my Fram Boost and Skyjacker AAL.
What's a Fram boost? Am also looking for ways to get more HP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts