Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys i got some of the pics of my W.I.P loaded check em out tell me what you think.....keep in mind its a WORK IN PROGRESS lol

·
Going UP!
2,918 Posts
That grille has been debated about on here for some time now. You are honestly the first I have seen with it. Is it a true carbon fiber grille, or is that just some sort of sticker/overlay to make it look like it is what it is?

Also, I am digging the blue in the turns, but have you thought about possibly switching the halos to blue as well? Or vise versa. I think it would look a lot better if those two lights matched, but that is just my opinion man. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
with regards to the lights the halo'z were supposed to be blue with a clear reflector in the housing but i got white halo'z and amber reflctor. i argued with the guy i bought them from on ebay and got some back for his mistake, but i ordered the blue markers at the same time anticipating the blue halo'z and with the 30 dollars i spent on the 5 sets of blues i figured i just run them till the color burned off, with only takes about two weeks untill the color starts to fade off. once the blue is gone from these i will change them to white....to stay with the white out theory im going with on the truck...for now...

Now the grill....i was rather disappointed when i got it even though it does look good ( my opinion anyway) it is neither a sticker overlay or real carbon fiber. In fact it is a complete chrome plastic grille that has been painted with the carbon fiber. Where the top peice of the grille (where the hood latch and grill meet) is actually still chrome plastic. It's a rather cheap design but as long as you don't open the hood you cant really tell its not real. I am thinking about taking it out and replacing it with the factory painted grill again.

·
Registered
737 Posts
nice truck the blue halos look good

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
looks really good bro :D

I couln't help but notice that your track time said [email protected] Is yours an I4??

I have an intake, tune, and exhaust and my crew-cab runs 16.500 with 20" Boss 315s I have the I5 :D

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok 1st the track time was on some bogus ass firestone tires on some steel tundra wheels, had no traction was spinnin in 3rd gear goin down the track, no its I5 with a 2 chamber flowmaster exhaust, nothin else, pretty much stock.

2nd. its 04 I5 and the truck will be painted we are currently laying out paint options. More than likely it will just be sprayed white again once the door handles are shaved. Would like to take it to scrapin with a decent paint instead of 3 colors. the grapix may not be put on till next year have to see how that goes though...

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
once the truck goes into paint in a couple of weeks the handles are gettin shaved and the roll pan will be molded in i hate the way it looks right now...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts