601 - 620 of 642 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,211 Posts
Reactions: WA_Colorado_Guy

·
Registered
487 Posts
I’m jealous of those of you that have fire roads or BLM land that you can go drive. We don’t have that here in Illinois. But today the gf and I got out and found/explored some dirt farm roads. It was fun and I wish we had more to explore.

After I took these pictures, I found a couple deep ruts that still had some water in them and got the truck pretty dirty, but it was too dark by the time I got home to get more pictures.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I feel your pain brobocop, I live around Champaign. Badlands in Indiana is the closest park. Nice ride btw.
I’ve wanted to take a trip to Badlands, but none of my buddies have midsize trucks and I don’t want to wheel alone.

Reactions: slim

·
Registered
28 Posts
Took a night trip up to a mountain in the Mendocino National Forest overlooking Clear Lake with the crew. Went down some trails on the way home. Other truck is a Tacoma with mid-travel and King Resevoirs :love:. Gonna be a while before I can afford a similar setup for my Canyon. We had an awesome time despite the rain!

·
Registered
322 Posts
brobocop PM me if you'd like to meet up sometime and head to the Badlands or anywhere else. If I go over sometime I'll let you know.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well, that looks like some good fun!

Washingtonian here, mind if I ask where this was at?
Absolutely. I was up at the south end of Lake Kachess. Plenty of trails and not too crowded. I'd suggest bringing some shears if you want to take any of the trails through the trees since they can get a little bit overgrown.

Reactions: RagnarosZR2

·
Registered
51 Posts
Took a load of small branches out to my wife’s family’s burn pile this afternoon after some heavy rain. In case there was any question about the capability of the factory Goodyears in mud, I can confirm the following: they’re not impressive, especially after almost 22k.

·
Registered
2010 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab 4x4 Z71 V8
675 Posts
Had a great last few night camping in the Eastern Sierra
You and I have similar tastes when it comes to camping. Avoid others!

Your welcome at any of my spots if you ever get to WV.

·
Registered
798 Posts
You and I have similar tastes when it comes to camping. Avoid others!

Your welcome at any of my spots if you ever get to WV.
Solitude is definitely up there on the list when it comes to camping for my wife and I... definitely aim to avoid and avoid to overshare. Thanks buddy, and I'll send you on some routes if you ever make it out west.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
675 Posts
@Mtn_man

I also like your setup. Nice to see someone truck camping out of a ground tent with a few homemade pieces of gear.

Basic camping. Keep it simple. (y)

·
Registered
798 Posts
@Mtn_man

I also like your setup. Nice to see someone truck camping out of a ground tent with a few homemade pieces of gear.

Basic camping. Keep it simple. (y)
Thanks. Fairly simple indeed but I've added comforts here and there in as my camping career has progress.

But yeah with the ground tent, it was nice after we got set up, cooked and ate dinner we were able to drive up to the ridge and watch the sun set. I like the freedom to be able to leave to site for sure. Rtt and the decked drawer setup just isn't for me.

Generally I use 4 to 5 plastic bins for storage each sorted to a purpose, kitchen, bedding, food x2 and one pretty much just houses a queen air mattress with built in pump and an inverter along with some old rugs to throw outside the tent entrances.

5 gallon igloo hold most of the water, we usually also grab a few extra gallons in bottles as well. My parents old folding table and Coleman stove and a couple folding chairs complete the list. Oh and the cooler...

I do plan to get either smaller bins to
put in the larger ones or some zippered mesh bags to further organize the contents of kitchen stuff and food. I also need to add a few dedicated items to my kitchen stuff so we don't have to rob them from the kitchen and do a checklist but rather just grab the bin(s) and go, I'm tired of doing that and for about $50 I won't have to anymore.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Mowed a path through one of my pasture fields to get to one of my barns. Been too wet to cut hay.

The field was dry but the climb out needed 4wd. Pulled both shifters into low range.

E03B3504-0F95-4124-A387-3D0E01748FB8.jpeg
0A76CE18-84F8-4DEF-B2C2-84E0641FB06E.jpeg

601 - 620 of 642 Posts