Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

581 - 600 of 642 Posts

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Doin' work.

We stole the Eagle from the Air Force, the Anchor from the Navy, the Rope from the Army, and on the seventh day when God rested, we overran His perimeter and stole the Globe, and have been protecting our shores ever since.

United States Marines.

·
Super Moderator
4,211 Posts
Went to check out the conditions of my "backyard" trails and eventually found a little snow. There was a large puddle with broken slabs of 5+" thick ice which was fun to cross.

I also tested out the 2wd traction with these Patagonia tires and I must say I'm impressed. This little slope is steep enough that I failed to climb it in 4Lo with the Wildpeaks when it was a little wetter. I fully expected to fail climbing it in 2wd but I climbed right up with no spin and the locker didn't engage.

Don't mind the tilted spotlight. One of the slabs on ice knocked it out of place. :)

Here's Mike's T4R navigating the broken slabs I pushed to one end of the puddle when I crossed. lol

·
Registered
2010 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab 4x4 Z71 V8
675 Posts
A natural spring is beside the road and it’s a great time to top off. Grabbed a pic while filling up my jugs.

F02D816A-7D20-4916-9EC4-61B4967032BC.jpeg

Reactions: F8LZ71

·
Registered
675 Posts
Parked the truck again and headed out on a backpacking overnighter. I made fresh tracks everywhere I went. Never saw another human being the whole time. Perfect!

82A32827-CA01-4F29-A4E8-0C6F23FDD1E7.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
4,211 Posts
Parked the truck again and headed out on a backpacking overnighter. I made fresh tracks everywhere I went. Never saw another human being the whole time. Perfect!

View attachment 386984
That's awesome. A lpt of people won't even snow camp out of a rig let alone a backpack.

Reactions: WV NATIVE

·
Registered
675 Posts
That's awesome. A lpt of people won't even snow camp out of a rig let alone a backpack.
I've got a decent backpacking background and have gear for any condition. I enjoy bushcraft alittle too.

The seemingly unending uptick in Overlanding has made it increasingly difficult to find solitude in WV. I used to only need 4x4 to avoid company but that turned into winter truck camping in order to find seclusion.

Now I have to combine both 4x4 winter truck camping and then head out on foot to keep one step ahead of the "new guys" in the game. Winter backpacking tends to keep the younger generation at bay. :sneaky:

·
Registered
621 Posts
From my adventure to Big Horn Cove this weekend. Lot of not catching fish happened. But they say, "A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work". Got in Friday as the sun was setting, left right as the wind decided to start gusting 30+ after breakfast Sunday morning.

IMG_20200228_173052.jpg

IMG_20200228_163136.jpg

IMG_20200228_171759.jpg

PANO_20200228_171445.vr.jpg

·
Super Moderator
4,211 Posts
From my adventure to Big Horn Cove this weekend. Lot of not catching fish happened. But they say, "A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work". Got in Friday as the sun was setting, left right as the wind decided to start gusting 30+ after breakfast Sunday morning.

View attachment 387062

View attachment 387064

View attachment 387063

View attachment 387065
Beautiful spot.

And I agree. As long as you don't take a treble hook to the face. I'd rather be a work. lol

Reactions: 5678ta

·
Registered
74 Posts
We had no winter this year, but there was one brief ice storm.

·
Super Moderator
4,211 Posts
The water crossing at Afton Canyon was a breeze. The door seals on our trucks work very well. :)

·
Super Moderator
4,211 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,211 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Chained up for the ride out from my camp in Maine the temp was over 32 so all the ice had a water film on it making it slicker than $hit there is a steep hill to climb on the way out so the chains are necessary

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks good... what body lift did you go with?
Ended up with the rough country 1.25" body lift. I didn't want to kink the air tube that connects the air box to the intake too much. Wasn't to bad to install. Took nearly a full work day to knock out with hand tools. Or half a day with a cordless impact wrench.

·
Super Moderator
4,211 Posts
Went snow wheeling with @Magic Mike just up the road from my house. He just upgraded from 33s to 35s on his 4Runner and the track we were on is usually ran by people with 35s so needless to say I was the one getting winched.... A few times. 😁 What's not pictured are the few uphill deeply rutted sections that required 2nd gear low tached out at 6k to bronco my way up.

The next day I picked up a couple yards of garden mix for our new raised bed. Thankfully it only takes 15min or so to remove the RTT and bed rack.

581 - 600 of 642 Posts