Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a chance to see perhaps the rarest Canyon in existence. Built with "pickup box delete". I spotted this facinating find behind a local dealer. It was built this way by mistake! If you look at the window sticker, you will see a charge for the spray in bed liner yet there is a $330.00 credit for no bed. Also note the outrageous fuel economy numbers that are the same in every category. Look at the rear pic of the truck and you will see the commercial style tailights. Anyone want to build a mid sized flat bed? How about a small straight truck or mini tow truck.:smile2:

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Somebody around here orders them that way, then adds those service-truck toolboxes, but I can't recall the company. I want to say it was NAPA, maybe. I've also seen pictures of them set up by fire departments with some kind of huge attachment full of important-looking storage cubbyholes. I'm guessing those attachments have to be custom-fit for the frame so I'd assume that means the flatbed option is reasonably popular.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Another thing I noticed on the bottom left of the window sticker on my own truck it says, "Small pickups range from 10.5 - 14 L/100 km" On this truck it says, "Special purpose vehicles range from 9.4 - 15.5 L/100 km". Obviously the government fuel economy people don't know what this half truck will turn out to be.

Attachments

·
Registered
968 Posts
Another thing I noticed on the bottom left of the window sticker on my own truck it says, "Small pickups range from 10.5 - 14 L/100 km" On this truck it says, "Special purpose vehicles range from 9.4 - 15.5 L/100 km". Obviously the government fuel economy people don't know what this half truck will turn out to be.
In the US, at least, commercial vehicles are exempt from any requirement to quote fuel economy. Makes sense, if I attach a simple flatbed I'll get different results than if I hang 1200 lbs of square-front wind-dragging toolboxes off it.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can imagine the possibilities with a truck like this. How about one in bright red with a natural oak finished flatbed stake body and the Duramax diesel? Or perhaps the even more traditional 2.5 inline four with manual transmission?

I wonder what will become of this truck. The dealer is unsure. They said they might order a box for it. I hope they know what they are in for. It will need the box plus tailgate, tail lights, latches, camera, rail tops, emblems, paint, spray in bedliner and more.

I bet a person could score a real screamin deal on it the way it sits. I'm glad it's not diesel or I might be having thoughts. Ones my wife would not agree with.

Reactions: lqdchkn
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.