Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
I finalized a deal on a 2021 bison yesterday and I'm looking forward to digging into it once I get it. First on the list is replacing the fog lights because someone removed them at some point. I'm finding it hard to find a direct replacement, so I'm gonna be combing through the forums seeing what others have done.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

· Super Moderator
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
6,058 Posts
Welcome Aboard
Congrats on your 2021 Bison
Hope everything goes well with picking it up

· Registered
10,705 Posts
Reactions: Rad-o-Colo21

· Registered
2,594 Posts
Nice looking truck - congrats & welcome. You'll find this forum's good at putting a dent in your pocketbook. ;) :D

· Super Moderator
3,846 Posts
Hey everyone,
I finalized a deal on a 2021 bison yesterday and I'm looking forward to digging into it once I get it. First on the list is replacing the fog lights because someone removed them at some point. I'm finding it hard to find a direct replacement, so I'm gonna be combing through the forums seeing what others have done. View attachment 440511
Great looking truck. Love the black and tans.

Re: Fogs - They more than likely replaced them with something like the Diode Dynamics or Baja LED replacements. I'd recommend either of those. Looks like there are LED light bar brackets/mounts on the center of the bumper as well, probably for a 16-20" bar. Could measure that and pick up one of those while you're looking.

If it doesn't already have one, pick up a center console organizer for it !

Reactions: Rad-o-Colo21

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone! I will look at links and recommendations you've sent. So far I think I might go with a Baja designs xl r sport in a wide cornering pattern. It's not strictly speaking street legal as far as I can tell but I can't imagine getting pulled over for it unless I was really blinding people. I figure I'll try to keep them pointed on the low side and hopefully that works.

· Site Sponsor
284 Posts
Hey everyone,
I finalized a deal on a 2021 bison yesterday and I'm looking forward to digging into it once I get it. First on the list is replacing the fog lights because someone removed them at some point. I'm finding it hard to find a direct replacement, so I'm gonna be combing through the forums seeing what others have done. View attachment 440511
Hey,

I would recommend going with the Front Bumper LED Fog Light Bracket for Colorado ZR2 Bison . These brackets will work great with the XL-R series . The sports will be the best route to go especially if you want to use them as fog lights. Wide/Cornering will be the ideal lens pattern due to it going in the fog location. Even though the lights are not road legal they are a very good alternative if you need extra lighting in the FPK location.
Best,
Brahian

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey,

I would recommend going with the Front Bumper LED Fog Light Bracket for Colorado ZR2 Bison . These brackets will work great with the XL-R series . The sports will be the best route to go especially if you want to use them as fog lights. Wide/Cornering will be the ideal lens pattern due to it going in the fog location. Even though the lights are not road legal they are a very good alternative if you need extra lighting in the FPK location.
Best,
Brahian
Thanks Brahian, I'm half hoping that the brackets are still there but will purchase them if they aren't. The last owner left brackets for a light bar so I'm crossing my fingers they also left brackets for the fogs. The light and pattern that you mentioned are what I'm planning to purchase so far.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts