Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2017 GMC Canyon Denali
101 Posts
I got them off Amazon, I haven't had any issues with them at all.

The ones I bought are THESE, but sadly they aren't available anymore in that package. It looks like THESE are the 0.5' ones in a 4 pack, though.
Thanks man! Just ordered. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
2019 Z71 Diesel
221 Posts

This is proclips setup that is no longer available. It is out the way from the screen and sits in front of the air vent which keeps your phone cool on a hot day or if you're fast charging. They claimed customers complained it was too hard to install. I call BS on that. I'm glad I have it and it's awesome. I added the extension to bring it up high enough for my satisfaction. I rate this a 10.
PROCLIP, are you listening?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
View attachment 409255
This is proclips setup that is no longer available. It is out the way from the screen and sits in front of the air vent which keeps your phone cool on a hot day or if you're fast charging. They claimed customers complained it was too hard to install. I call BS on that. I'm glad I have it and it's awesome. I added the extension to bring it up high enough for my satisfaction. I rate this a 10.
Yeah, what I wouldn't give to get a hold of one of those...

·
Registered
2019 Z71 Diesel
221 Posts
Yeah, what I wouldn't give to get a hold of one of those...
Yea, I'm very disappointed in proclip. They claimed people complained about the difficulty of installing it. Not difficult at all if you read instructions. Similar mount on my Chevy cruze. They also discontinued that style for the same reason. No more Proclip for me.

·
Registered
2016 Canyon V6 CCSB
30 Posts

The radio bezel is cheap and has a thin metal layer over plastic. I secured a plastic ram mount that I contoured with a little flame and used small Allen screws. Perfect location for nuts and washers behind there if you angle things a little. Very customizable and out of the way.

The mounts are solid but the arm and X holder wiggle a little. Although I think it is very solid considering we aren't mounting to metal. The mount I'm using is an older one but I can put my phone in and out with one hand.

·
Registered
212 Posts
My set up started with the coursemotorsports mount but that broke after only 4 months or so, I did it want to waste more time and money so I rigged up a RAM mount solution that seems much more sturdy and can even hold my tablet when I use it for navigation. Below is what the RAM mount connects to, I’ll upload the finished product tomorrow when I get in the truck. It’s far more sturdy the the course one and It’s modular so I can tailer it to my needs with some work. Let me know what you guys think once I post the finished set up.

Product Yellow Luggage and bags Bag Gas

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Audio equipment

·
Registered
7,502 Posts
center console or the glove box is the best place for your phone while driving,
pull up directions to where you are going before you leave.
talk to the person yoou are going to when you get there, not while you are driving...

·
Registered
212 Posts
center console or the glove box is the best place for your phone while driving,
pull up directions to where you are going before you leave.
talk to the person yoou are going to when you get there, not while you are driving...
That was both useless and condescending all at the same time, no sh*t don’t use your phone while driving thank you for stating the obvious. 🤦🏽‍♂️

·
Registered
7,502 Posts
That was both useless and condescending all at the same time, no sh*t don’t use your phone while driving thank you for stating the obvious. 🤦🏽‍♂️
it is obvious but i have had to many incidents where the obvious is not observed, so a reminder needs to be posted now and then.... but then again obvioulsy those who ignore the obvious do not care

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
View attachment 409255
View attachment 409255
Well, I managed to get a hold of one of these. I had to order it from the Netherlands. It was sold under the Brodit/Proclip name and was the last one they had in stock. Fortunately a buddy of mine at work had a relative in the Netherlands and he picked it up for me and sent it via the Post Office. Apparently this phone holder was made in Sweden so if someone really wants one of these real bad, maybe try looking in Europe, You never know.

·
Registered
197 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
it is obvious but i have had to many incidents where the obvious is not observed, so a reminder needs to be posted now and then.... but then again obvioulsy those who ignore the obvious do not care
Well Hunter it should also be obvious it’s not your job to remind any one of anything, either provide some useful information regarding the thread or don’t reply at all if you have nothing to add.

·
Premium Member
4,746 Posts
I adjust my map app while driving, eating tacos, talking on the phone, drinking beer, my foot is in a cast and my eyes are still dilated from the eye doctor.

So there! :oops:

·
Registered
2017 Colorado ZR2 as it came from the factory
501 Posts
I adjust my map app while driving, eating tacos, talking on the phone, drinking beer, my foot is in a cast and my eyes are still dilated from the eye doctor.

So there! :oops:

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Tom S.

·
Registered
6,816 Posts
I use the weather tech Cup Phone
That's my choice--works in most vehicles, so you don't need to go looking for something else when you switch vehicles. With Android Auto the location of the phone is less important, but another plus is most cup holders are in a location where you don't need to worry what will happen if the air bags go off.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I went with the Course Direct fit. Easy install.
Thanks for this info. Have since purchased and installed and love that it places my phone up where it is visible. This helps with reminding me that I need to remove my phone when I'm exiting the truck.
The only downside I've found is that the metal ring that attaches to the phone case now interferes with the ability to charge the phone using a desktop stand. I don't know if the thickness of the case coupled with the thickness of the ring is the cause, or if the metal ring interferes with the ability to charge (although that wouldn't seem to make sense since the phone charges when mounted to the CM head) but I'm now on the search for a solution. First step is a thinner case.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thanks for this info. Have since purchased and installed and love that it places my phone up where it is visible. This helps with reminding me that I need to remove my phone when I'm exiting the truck.
The only downside I've found is that the metal ring that attaches to the phone case now interferes with the ability to charge the phone using a desktop stand. I don't know if the thickness of the case coupled with the thickness of the ring is the cause, or if the metal ring interferes with the ability to charge (although that wouldn't seem to make sense since the phone charges when mounted to the CM head) but I'm now on the search for a solution. First step is a thinner case.
Interesting point with the interference issue using desktop recharging..I don't do that so it wasn't on my radar.
Hope the thinner case works out for you...

41 - 59 of 59 Posts