Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
What's everyone using for a phone holder in their Canyon/Colorado? I'm coming out of a Subaru Forester that had several options but I'm not seeing many useable devices that are practical. I did get a cup mount but the phone interferes with the shifter handle.

Thanks... a useful site so far!

Scott
I just ordered a direct fit magnetic mount. Looks like a nice easy clean installation.

·
Registered
2017 Colorado ZR2 as it came from the factory
501 Posts
If you have access to a 3D printer there are options on thingiverse. I printed this holder for my iPhone X (modified file is in the comments) and bought a Speck Presidio case as thats what the modified one was designed for.

I love it.
I really need to get me one of those new fangled 3d dohicky majiggers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve tried three. Two work well and one didn’t. 1) The Scosche power adapter mount. It is not perfect, but keeps my air vents free and holds the phone well. 2) I tried a Scosche sticky taped to the silver plastic just beside the HVAC power button. It blocked my key hole so I kept knocking the phone off when I turned my truck off. Plus, as soon as the weather turned warm the phone was too heavy and pulled the sticky off. (I put it back in place just long enough for a photo of it too.) 3) I sometimes turn my phone sideways and sit it on top of the two HVAC control knobs. I have an iphone 12 and with the thin case it sits perfectly in landscape mode and has never fallen off.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Automotive design

·
Registered
265 Posts
ProClip is my choice in my Canyon and Camaro. A little expensive, but I think it is worth it.

Bill

·
Registered
2018 ZR2 3.6L
127 Posts
I leave mine laying on the wireless charger and Bluetooth the phone to the truck using AndroidAuto. No hands, no cables and no holder. I love it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What's everyone using for a phone holder in their Canyon/Colorado? I'm coming out of a Subaru Forester that had several options but I'm not seeing many useable devices that are practical. I did get a cup mount but the phone interferes with the shifter handle.

Thanks... a useful site so far!

Scott
excuse the dirt went off-roading today

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
This Hypergear securely attaches to the windshield at eye level and works well for me. My photo is a close up, but in normal viewing it doesn't obscure my vision.

·
Registered
2021 GMC Canyon Denali Long Box
5 Posts
I really need to get me one of those new fangled 3d dohicky majiggers.

Well that was short lived, my iPhone X started having issues so I traded it in for an iPhone 11 Pro. New phone doesn't fit the dock and I dont have the skill to modify the design. Also one thing I did find annoying about this setup was having to pull the phone out if I wanted to look at it while parked.

·
Registered
2017 GMC Canyon Denali
101 Posts
I leave mine laying on the wireless charger and Bluetooth the phone to the truck using AndroidAuto. No hands, no cables and no holder. I love it.
How do you hook your phone to Android auto via bluetooth? Mine requires to be plugged in.

·
Registered
2018 ZR2 3.6L
127 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Z71 Diesel
221 Posts
The new design is just horrible. Installing directly over the vent is so dumb. The old mount that went on the passenger side corner was great.
Yes indeed. I have the older one from proclip. Perfect spot and no interference with the screen. I contacted proclip and asked why the change. They said they had complaints customers had a difficult time installing it. The new one blocks your view from the screen. How stupid. They did the same exact thing on my Chevy cruze. That one is no longer available either for the same reason. Proclip is no longer my choice anymore. 👎

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Registered
2017 GMC Canyon Denali
101 Posts
I have a short 6" or so USB C cable with 90 degree elbows on both ends. My phone plugs into the USB port and sits in the cubby at the front of the center console, out of the way, while it drives Android Auto for navigation/music/phone. I'm pretty happy with that setup.
Where did you get your 90 degree elbow Type C cable?
I looked a ton on Amazon, but not one had a decent rating. How is your's holding up?

·
Registered
2018 GMC Canyon
238 Posts
Where did you get your 90 degree elbow Type C cable?
I looked a ton on Amazon, but not one had a decent rating. How is your's holding up?
I got them off Amazon, I haven't had any issues with them at all.

The ones I bought are THESE, but sadly they aren't available anymore in that package. It looks like THESE are the 0.5' ones in a 4 pack, though.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts