Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have wireless chargers and like them. phone doesn't fit the one in the truck. looks like I could dremel a somewhat small amount of plastic to allow it to fit. anyone try?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I thought about that too. One thing to note is the iPhone 8 and X is not compatible with the wireless charger in the twins as it doesn’t fully adhere to the Qi standard or something like that (Not sure if my S8+ would work since I obviously can’t test it due to size). Some 2018 GM vehicles do however.

I’m considering extracting the guts out one that does work to replace the factory one to at least charge my iPhone.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm android samsung so it generally works well. I could put a charging pad in the front space and it has the usb right there. But it doesn't seem that much material needs to be removed to make it fit. can even "custom" slot it so it won't slip or slid. the stock set up looks like it's not tsecure.
think the 8+ is not gonna fit with out the grind

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.