Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was wondering if anybody knows where to find some 6-lug cross drilled/slotted rotors?

·
Registered
558 Posts
im gonna get some powerslot rotors for my z71, my stock rotors are already warped at 11,000 miles. stay away from cross drilled rotors as they tend to crack.
ive had great luck w/ ferrodo pads in the past, im gonna try and find a set of those and goodridge stainless lines for this truck.

the rear works good enough.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
if you upgrade the rotors and pads id also go with stainless steel lines..makes a big difference

·
Registered
86 Posts
lt112186 said:
so i was wondering if anybody knows where to find some 6-lug cross drilled/slotted rotors?
I am selling some right now on this site: They are slotted, by Powerslot asking $150 shipped for left and right front rotors.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
cameronquad said:
lt112186 said:
I am selling some right now on this site: They are slotted, by Powerslot asking $150 shipped for left and right front rotors.

Thanks
If you read carefully he is looking for drilled and slotted

·
Registered
86 Posts
Stepdaddy said:
cameronquad said:
lt112186 said:

Thanks
If you read carefully he is looking for drilled and slotted
Yes, I read that. I posted because I want someone on here to save some money instead of paying $80-$90 per rotor plus shipping.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
twopoint8 said:
does anyone make bolt-on stainless lines for our trucks?
Yes, ill try and find out what kit i have

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
The Rancho lift is supplied with stainless lines for the front. Mine say "Russell" on the lines, but I think maybe that's the brand of the hose itself, not the manufacturer of the specific brake line. Rancho may even make them in house. :?:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I made a post about this several months ago that will tell you everything you need to know about the subject. The biggest point about the thread was to show that drilled, slotted, or drilled and slotted rotors are nothing but a brake performance hampering appearance modification. They do nothing more.

Do a search on this screen name or SlowTA for the post.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Stepdaddy said:
if you upgrade the rotors and pads id also go with stainless steel lines..makes a big difference
#1 upgrade you can do, remember its a hydraulic system and rubber lines expand!
Stainless lines are way underrepresented in the performance mod industry imo.
SS lines + pads are my next upgrade.

·
Registered
167 Posts
SlowZ28 said:
I made a post about this several months ago that will tell you everything you need to know about the subject. The biggest point about the thread was to show that drilled, slotted, or drilled and slotted rotors are nothing but a brake performance hampering appearance modification. They do nothing more.

Do a search on this screen name or SlowTA for the post.
Yeah inless you are running 100 laps around laguna seca you wont need crossdrilled rotors, you will never see enough heat to sacrifice surface area.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts