Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody had problem with MY LINK radio/navigation. I am having all sorts of problems It beeps it changes from my iphone to am /fm radio it flickers all the radio stations
When in navigation mode it jumps right off the screen,it chooses a destination on its own accord and the constant beeping it drives you crazy Can anybody suggest a fix
2017 Colorado High Country

·
Registered
2017 All Terrain 2.8L CCLB Dark Slate Metallic
968 Posts
Many times, these type of problems are caused by either a pair with a phone or a bad software update. It could also be a touchscreen related malfunction.

The first thing I would try is to unpair the phone and see if the problem is resolved, because it could be in projection mode and/or sending those inadvertent commands. I would next try to calibrate the touch screen. If calibration is not succesful then the problem is the screen. If you get this far, it is probably best to have a dealer service the truck because it might need a software update that was unable to be loaded via WiFi. Aftersales dealer support should still be available there in Thailand. FAQ

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many times, these type of problems are caused by either a pair with a phone or a bad software update. It could also be a touchscreen related malfunction.

The first thing I would try is to unpair the phone and see if the problem is resolved, because it could be in projection mode and/or sending those inadvertent commands. I would next try to calibrate the touch screen. If calibration is not succesful then the problem is the screen. If you get this far, it is probably best to have a dealer service the truck because it might need a software update that was unable to be loaded via WiFi. Aftersales dealer support should still be available there in Thailand. FAQ
Thank you for that information, i don't have my iphonr paired up, i Bluetooth it to the radio. yes calibrating the screen hasn't helped any, i have tried taking the earth wire off the battery as well .Next time i go into town i will call in at a Chevy Dealer and ask them for an up date for it see if that helps me, i have read that by changing the actual screen it can happen again if that is what the problem was in the first place, its frustrating in the sense that i am guessing as to the problem hence its why i joined this group Thank you so much for your input

·
Registered
2017 All Terrain 2.8L CCLB Dark Slate Metallic
968 Posts
Thank you for that information, i don't have my iphonr paired up, i Bluetooth it to the radio. yes calibrating the screen hasn't helped any, i have tried taking the earth wire off the battery as well .Next time i go into town i will call in at a Chevy Dealer and ask them for an up date for it see if that helps me, i have read that by changing the actual screen it can happen again if that is what the problem was in the first place, its frustrating in the sense that i am guessing as to the problem hence its why i joined this group Thank you so much for your input
No problem, I hope you get it fixed! I have seen posts where people have had issues with the software, but they do not seem to be having the same symptoms as you are. Any time there are uncommanded things happening, I would first suspect a phone to be causing those to happen. But these radios are complicated and sometimes a WiFi software update can get interrupted, which will cause problems. In that case the best way to fix it is have the dealer perform a software update.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts