Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, my topper stays in the garage 80% of the time until i use it for camping. I did buy the cover, but have never used it. My plan was to put it on off of the truck then install it before I go to work tomorrow. The front window wants to fold around the whole thing and come up over the cover. There doesn't seem to be any room to fold it up without creasing the sides. I'm paranoid of permanently creasing or cracking a "window". Any suggestions??

·
Registered
11,476 Posts
I have no idea about these soft toppers, but I know on a Wrangler soft top, you must remove the windows before you fold it up. I can't imagine being able to fold those windows on a soft topper up without damaging them.

Reactions: GraniteBlue05

·
Registered
609 Posts
in my case I don't take mine off to store it or anything,but I have had it off a few times with no worries, instructions seem to say feel free to roll it, just make sure it isn't creased (which is what I have done..rolling not creasing)

" Carefully and neatly place front window on top of the canopy without creasing the window. You can leave the front window secured while retracting the canopy However, we recommend putting it on top if you plan on storing the canopy in the folded position fora longer period of time, or putting the boot cover on."

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
in my case I don't take mine off to store it or anything,but I have had it off a few times with no worries, instructions seem to say feel free to roll it, just make sure it isn't creased (which is what I have done..rolling not creasing)

" Carefully and neatly place front window on top of the canopy without creasing the window. You can leave the front window secured while retracting the canopy However, we recommend putting it on top if you plan on storing the canopy in the folded position fora longer period of time, or putting the boot cover on."
Ah the directions, I should have probably re-read them. I always take the back window out for storing but the front just hangs down nice and straight. Crap, now I have to basically re-install it to put the boot on. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
11,476 Posts
Dang it, those stupid instructions and manuals. Who would have thunk it!

·
Registered
724 Posts
OP, do you sleep inside the softtopper or just use it to hide what you are hauling? I'm used to sleeping under a hard shell with windows, and wonder how well it works with the softtopper.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I've had my softtopper for a year now, and have folded it dozens of times. The windows are still like new, with no creases or anything even when the boot is on it. I use mine to keep stuff dry and out of the weather, I've never slept under mine but I couldn't see why you couldn't sleep under it.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OP, do you sleep inside the softtopper or just use it to hide what you are hauling? I'm used to sleeping under a hard shell with windows, and wonder how well it works with the softtopper.
No, but I can say it's been through some hellacious southern storms and does not leak. They provided sealant for the seams(if necessary), but it is still water tight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.