Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Colorado ZR2
412 Posts
Pics would help.

But body and/or paint repair is usually something you need to know what you're doing or pretty simple to make it worse.
I would hit up a local well reviewed body shop

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hopefully it's not the high powered pellet gun, mine would punch a hole right through vehicle sheet m
.........Dent repair at dealers, These guys have amazing talent and tools, I was not disappointed. They do small and large dents and dings, See any Dealer, they all have dent guys who make the rounds to Dealers

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
LOL take a look at the expensive ones. Mine shoots a 1300 feet per second . Some are stronger. Vehicle sheet metal is very thin. Easily penetrate it.
Agree my break barrel with scope and hollow points blows a squirrels head up way up in a tree. And sinks deep when shot in a board. Wish had these when this old fart was a kid hunting squirrels.

Reactions: T.M.C.

·
Registered
2018 Chevy ZR2
343 Posts
Agree my break barrel with scope and hollow points blows a squirrels head up way up in a tree. And sinks deep when shot in a board. Wish had these when this old fart was a kid hunting squirrels.
Oh yea, I had a Benjamin pellet rifle. Solid like a tank. The new Alloy pellets give ya an extra 150 feet per second as well. If ya wanna have some real FUN, put a dot of 3 in 1 oil on the end cup of pellet in a break barrel. It's called dieseling. Makes it crazy powerful. Ruins the o ring quicker but it's cool.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Well was thinking some more on this. I know with my break barrel pellet rifle its powerful enough that don't think would penetrate the metal but no doubt would push a small crater deep into the metal pushing it inward. I don't think paintless dent repair could push that out and not have the clearcoat and paint crack. Usually paintless dent repair works on as said dents like hail etc. where its just pushed in a little but not small deep dents or on creases that most likely would break the clearcoat and paint trying to push it out. I know they do wonders and could be wrong. But most likely a body shop would have to push the dent out and repaint and clearcoat. Could blend paint rather than paint the entire area.

·
Premium Member
5,835 Posts
I doubt any pellet gun can penetrate a car door. Cause a dent and/or damage to the paint but no way penetration.
Maybe your old Daisy Red Rider, but today's pellet guns are a whole breed apart and come in calibers up to 50 cal and capable of killing hogs or deer: Big Bore Airguns | Airgun Depot

1 - 15 of 15 Posts