Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Whats your favorite base setting?

• Total voters
1241 - 1256 of 1256 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have a 2013 Camaro SS and got a Vitesse Controller and I can tell you these work amazingly well... ..They make a version for the Colorado and is literally half the price of the Pedal Commander so I'm gonna pick one up and take the lag out of mine,

I am still a big fan of my eBay throttle controller.. half the cost of the Vitesse, and 1/4 the cost of the PC.. does the same thing, and the controller head can be removed while leaving it active / installed at the pedal.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just bought a PC. I have one question but not sure how to ask it. Does the pc bypass the WOT click on the gas pedal on my 2017? Or will I still need to click the gas pedal for WOT with a PC?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Add me to the happy list. 2017 Colorado Duramax. What a difference. I've tried City-0 to Sport-0. Sport is way too much for normal driving, at least with the torquey turbo DMax in my opinion. There's always going to be that little time while the engine climbs from idle till 1500 RPM's, there is no lag in it starting that climb, once the turbo starts kicking in you'll find yourself letting off very quickly as it really wants to take off. Can't comment with a naturally aspirated engine but Sport may be fine for that. With the DMax City mode is just fine in my opinion. At City +2 I find myself giving it what I think is just a little pedal but I end up slightly lifting unless I really want to accelerate. I think I'll probably end up somewhere between City-1 and City+1, just have to see what I actually like. I really just want that one-to-one feeling between the pedal and the throttle. It also does seem to grab the correct gear when off the throttle, going around a corner and then getting back on it. Shift correctly faster. Probably because of the stronger throttle signal.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just bought a PC. I have one question but not sure how to ask it. Does the pc bypass the WOT click on the gas pedal on my 2017? Or will I still need to click the gas pedal for WOT with a PC?
What's "click the gas pedal for WOT"? Only had my 2017 Colorado DMax for a month now so not sure what you are referring to.

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
What's "click the gas pedal for WOT"? Only had my 2017 Colorado DMax for a month now so not sure what you are referring to.
He means the detent in the pedal at 7/8 point of travel, which kinda clicks when you hit it as you mat the accelerator.

It doesn't bypass WOT. This affects the start of the pedal push sensitivity. The more aggressive you set it for the start off, the more it will penalize the back end. I've found with it set aggressive while cruising, it affects trans kickdown when you go to pass somebody. It already thinks it is pushed down more than it is, so instead of kicking down the the typical 2 gears, it'll only kick down 1, leaving RPM's not as wound up as normal to pass.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I asked Pedal Commander today about WOT. I wanted to make sure that in all the modes that WOT was 100%. They commented back that at about 85% throttle the PC will override and send 100%, regardless of mode so although I think you still have your detent switch it's possible that you are already at or very near 100% before it clicks.

If higher settings means it doesn't kick-down as much on the highway this could be a good thing for us lower RPM torque loving diesel guys. I'd rather be accelerating under load at under 3000 RPM's within only one gear kick-down vs. 3500+ RPM's with two gear downshifts. I may have to try different more aggressive settings while towing if it means less gear kick-down, just need to make sure I'm very light off the starts.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I s Italy bought a pedal commander last week and I don’t think I like it. I have it posted for sale. It’s the new Bluetooth model.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Finally purchased a Pedal Commander for my 2015 Canyon and wow, it drives like a completely different truck. Noticed the difference immediately pulling out of the driveway. Drove around a little trying out the different settings and I found City 0 was the best and most drivable. Sport and Sport+ were way too aggressive for everyday driving IMO, but they were fun to play with :) Very easy to use with the Bluetooth app on the phone. Highly recommend!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, I just ordered a device from Pedal Commander that hooks up to the accelerator harness to help with what I call, a sometimes dead pedal feel that these fly by wire throttles have. I had my trucks engine and trans computers re-flashed about a month ago and 98% happy with the results but still do not like the lag that I feel when hitting the throttle so I will keep you updated to what happens when it gets here and I install it. Looks like a pretty sweet setup and has nothing to do with the tune of the truck so it does not change the stock tune whatsoever. It works with the throttle circuit only as I understand it. If it does what they claim then I will be really happy with the overall way my truck runs. Right now, this has been only complaint. At 61 years young, I like the idea of plug and play, since I am not any good with the whole tuning thing, tried it but just couldn't get a grasp of it so I went completely back to stock tune and had GM redo both computers and for the most part very happy, I have no shudder with trans and it works as it should.
I tried one and after a couple of months took it out. After awhile I got tired of the jerky response and no increase in performance. It's a toy that does little to improve the stock settings.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I tried one and after a couple of months took it out. After awhile I got tired of the jerky response and no increase in performance. It's a toy that does little to improve the stock settings.
Certainly to each his own. Agree, if you are installing the Pedal Commander as a performance upgrade you are going to be sadly disappointed. I you are installing it to help alleviate the dead pedal our trucks have then it's useful. I have a Duramax and without it I find the truck actually dangerous if trying to pull out into traffic. The delay, even when giving it a lot of throttle while pulling out is unpredictable at best. Stock it seems that sometimes it responds OK, other times it's dead and there is what feels like an eternity for the truck to respond and then sometimes it takes right off. The problem for me when pulling out in traffic is that generally if you only give it a moderate amount of pedal it's not enough when cars are catching up. If you hammer it down like some have suggested it will sometimes still be dead and other times blow the tires away. Additionally it seems from my experience that if you start to accelerate (say making a left turn) let off the pedal maybe cause you gave it too much and then hammer it down, that second time is almost always a dead pedal and big delay before the truck responds. That's where it's really dangerous.

I have found for myself Sport an Performance is completely useless. It's way too sensitive for daily use. Economy is also useless as it enhances the dead pedal and is more dangerous than stock. City is really the only useful setting as many have also suggested. I'm sure the 4cyl gas, V6 and diesel all have different characteristics but for the diesel I found city -1 to be the best all around setting. Every time I try City -0 or City +1 I always end up back at City -1. The City settings allow me to better predict what the truck is going to do when I depress the pedal.

Again, to each his own. I'm sure you can find a buyer for your Pedal Commander.

·
Registered
389 Posts
If you believe quicker throttle response isn’t performance related, you need to re-evaluate that. Everyone has their own taste. But when you say its a toy or gimmicky, you’re flat out wrong.

Reactions: RatRacer

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you believe quicker throttle response isn’t performance related, you need to re-evaluate that. Everyone has their own taste. But when you say its a toy or gimmicky, you’re flat out wrong.
Agreed! It just modifies how fast the power comes on. Still the best money I've spent on my truck.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Finally purchased a Pedal Commander for my 2015 Canyon and wow, it drives like a completely different truck. Noticed the difference immediately pulling out of the driveway. Drove around a little trying out the different settings and I found City 0 was the best and most drivable. Sport and Sport+ were way too aggressive for everyday driving IMO, but they were fun to play with :) Very easy to use with the Bluetooth app on the phone. Highly recommend!
I bet you don't have the latest update for the 15 and 16s. Transmission and Engine update. Do that and sell the PC. It makes it a whole different truck.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I am still a big fan of my eBay throttle controller.. half the cost of the Vitesse, and 1/4 the cost of the PC.. does the same thing, and the controller head can be removed while leaving it active / installed at the pedal.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Which one is that?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I bet you don't have the latest update for the 15 and 16s. Transmission and Engine update. Do that and sell the PC. It makes it a whole different truck.
Actually, I do, along with the fluid change. Truck always drove great, but the PC just made it a little better :)

1241 - 1256 of 1256 Posts