Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Pedal Commander Users - Whats your favorite setting?

6K views 28 replies 17 participants last post by  16WhiteColly 
#1 ·
Just got my Pedal Commander (thanks Bow Tie!). Trying to find a comfortable setting, but was just curious as to what some of the other PC users out there settled on in their V6 Colorados/Canyons?

Also, if you have any positive or negative comments (ONLY FROM THOSE WHO HAVE OWNED THEM PERSONALLY) about the PC, I'd love to hear about it.

#3 ·
I initially put it on sport-3. Way too sensitive for me. Didn't like the feel. And when traction is limited, I could see that being a problem

Then I changed it to city-4. I like that a lot better. Easy to get used to. Very easy to manage with my right foot. And a definite improvement over stock.

NOTE: My truck is a diesel.

#7 ·
I like city + 4, but after trying Sport with no plus or minus I left it there. I live in San Diego and love the quickness. Add the Hellwig sway bar and it’s pretty much a sport truck with four wheel drive.

btw I really feel bad for the people who are skeptical and think they can mimic the pedal commander feel by just applying their foot more. Not the case. People who have tried them absolutely know there is something to this. In my opinion it’s definitely money well spent. But no matter what there’s always those people that will talk crap.

#9 ·
I had the non blue toof model.
I liked city -2.
I found myself driving in more heavy B2B traffic so the extra oomph wasn't as fun as on the wide open road.
If youre shopping for throttle amps, The PC is a very good unit, but I found it difficult to mount and changing settings confoosing at times.
Were I to do it over again, I would get a dash mounted unit with a knob.
But get it for half price if you can.
Its fun!
My 2 pence.

#10 ·
I purchased my Bluetooth PC last summer and was happy with the City +2 setting until winter. I found the PC to "touchy" for the winter driving, so took it out. Very easy to install or remove. I put it in last month and found that setting to be a bit to sensitive and backed it off to City -2. Otherwise I found the pedal so sensitive, it would lunge forward a bit from standing start. I haven't made any changes or tune-up so not sure why the change, but with the City -2 its very comfortable in city traffic. It also makes towing our little travel trailer easier, as there is immediate response.

#13 ·
City +2.

If your PC is too sensitive or messes with the idle like mine did, they will remap the device for free. PC customer service is legit.
Just after purchasing the PC, I found that it was messing with my idle. I called PC and they sent a "remap" and within minutes it ran awesome. This year I just found the pedal to be a little bit jumpy, so I backed it off to City -2 and its pretty good. I may adjust it to City + when I tow the trailer this summer. I do like the almost instant response, and on hills that combined with trailer towing mode makes for easy towing. I agree that the customer service is pretty darn good, even up here in Canada.

#15 ·
Perhaps another word I should have used is reprogrammed. When I purchased my Pedal Commander, I assumed it was set for my Colorado. After driving for a week or more, I found that it was not working correctly. The idle would not stay set, and a couple of times the speed would increase slightly without the input of my foot. I called PC in the U.S. and they said that some PC models are used over a range of different vehicles and it may not have been set right for my 2017 Colorado. They asked me to turn on the ignition without starting the vehicle and wait a few minutes as they were going to remap the device. I took it that they were going to program it to work specifically for my Colorado. By the time I got back on the phone they had sent something to the unit and asked me to start the vehicle. It idled perfectly, and when I took it on the road, it was smooth as can be. In Canada, I could only find one business on the west coast that sold PC's. But, when I had the problem, they could not help me at all, and said I had to speak to Pedal Commander U.S.A. I emailed them with my problem on a Friday, and on Monday they emailed me back with a 1-800 number to call. During that call, they said they would "remap" the device using the bluetooth option. It worked and has been great since then. But, I did find it rather sensitive when I reinstalled it this spring, and dialed it back to City -2 setting so the acceleration wasn't quite so "jumpy".

#17 ·
Looks like City -2 is pretty popular.

Reactions: madcratebuilder
#19 ·
I use city -3 and with the TSB that was done several years ago, it's perfect for me.

#20 ·
I used city-2 when I had the PC, after the Trifecta the PC just made it to sensitive on any setting.

#23 ·
I agree you really have to be careful using the PC in combination with the Trifecta Tune. I thought the Trifecta tune really woke up the Colorado and best of all was how well the Trifecta tune changed the transmission shifts. Just a few days ago I decided to put the PC back in and the setting was city +2. It was so sensitive I moved it back to city "0". It still was too sensitive and now on city -2. Now with this setting I have instant go, and with the tune, I have really good shifts. For me the best of both. While the PC seems to eliminate the lag, the combination really wakes the Colorado up and go.

#22 ·
I am trying figure out where to start without the TSB.

#27 ·
So I had the PC before the tune for about a year and really loved it. So when I got the Trifecta tune I too took it off because of what I read on here. Within one hour I put the PC back on. Don’t get me wrong, the tune is great but it did not solve the pedal lag and I felt like it was slower without the PC. Different strokes for different folks but each do their own job and honestly IMO compliment each other. Don’t be afraid to do it. It’s the same as my wife’s BMW having a knob to switch to sport or touring etc. that’s what the PC does to our trucks.

#28 ·
I likes City -2, when I had a PC. It was like normal driving until you put your foot into it.

Reactions: 16WhiteColly
#29 ·
Thanks Scott!

Reactions: Iamscotticus
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.