Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am definately going to have pcmforless tune my truck. I'm within driving distance and I'll probably get them to dyno-tune it.

I was originally thinking about just a K&N replacement filter but now I'm seriously considering the Air Charger + a Flowmaster.

My question is whether or not the Air Charger / Flowmaster is worth the extra $450+/-? Or should I spend the money on something else like a Truxedo tonneau?

Can anyone give me any idea how much mpg increase I would see with just a filter & a tune vs. the Air Charger / Flowmaster & a tune? How about the HP?

I have the money right now for the filter & a tune but just trying to decide if I should wait a couple of months until I can come up with the extra cash.

Any insight or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
676 Posts
food for thought...

with a FIPK kit + Flomaster = high sound levels and resonance in the cab. the "seat of the pants" effect is where you will notice the most change...

drop in + stock muffler = quiet and quick acceleration, less "seat of the pants" acceleration, but still pulls very good...

i have tried both 87 and 93 tunes, me personally, especially since you're getting it tuned on site, stick with the 87 tune and get them to tweak the max settings...mpg gain should be within 1mpg either way you go...

the question to ask yourself is quiet or loud?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I hve that setup I like it right now nice and loud.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The louder I made my truck, the worse the mileage was. I'm starting to notice a pattern among myself and the other members here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts