Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The specs show that the Z71 has a payload capacity of 1587 lbs. Is this for 2WD or 4WD?

Also, based on the order guide it seems that many feature are located in convenience packages. For example Convenience package 2 has heated seats and convenience package 3 has a heated steering wheel.

how much would i expect the payload capacity to go down by by adding these 2 convenience packages?

·
Registered
10,233 Posts
The specs show that the Z71 has a payload capacity of 1587 lbs. Is this for 2WD or 4WD?

Also, based on the order guide it seems that many feature are located in convenience packages. For example Convenience package 2 has heated seats and convenience package 3 has a heated steering wheel.

how much would i expect the payload capacity to go down by by adding these 2 convenience packages?
1 lb 2 oz, the weight of the 3 heating elements

• Haha
Reactions: HED

·
Premium Member
3,416 Posts
  • Angry
Reactions: Hunter62

·
Registered
13,051 Posts
Seems pretty obvious? According to this chart, the Z71 only comes in 4WD.

Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Circle

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
Not to go off topic too far, but I was looking at specs for a 1995 "half ton" for my nephew and the 4x4 version was a payload of 1340 lbs, the 2Wd was 1740 lbs, and the GVW was 5680 lbs. So yeah the mid size is the new "half ton"

·
Registered
2019 Colorado CCLB Z71 V6 4WD
1,307 Posts
Not to go off topic too far, but I was looking at specs for a 1995 "half ton" for my nephew and the 4x4 version was a payload of 1340 lbs, the 2Wd was 1740 lbs, and the GVW was 5680 lbs. So yeah the mid size is the new "half ton"
Payload on a 95 S10 is also like up to 1500lbs too though depending on how you configured it.... Granted the truck as delivered is higher now but it was able to be close, even back then...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts