Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have traded in my Duramax Colorado and am left with a new, never-opened oil filter (AC/Delco #PF2262G) and fuel filter set (AC/Delco TP1007). If you will send me $20 (Paypal preferred, but will take your check) to cover the costs of boxing and shipping to you I'll ship it tomorrow. First come, first served.

Reactions: MiniMax16

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have traded in my Duramax Colorado and am left with a new, never-opened oil filter (AC/Delco #PF2262G) and fuel filter set (AC/Delco TP1007). If you will send me $20 (Paypal preferred, but will take your check) to cover the costs of boxing and shipping to you I'll ship it tomorrow. First come, first served.
Pm sent

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow. First reply came in less than 120 seconds. I'll ship the stuff to MiniMax16. Glad it could go to a good home!

Reactions: MiniMax16

·
Registered
11,488 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe the @Reverendbiker got some skinny cows?
Hey, CaryBosse--It's been a while! Actually I got one better than skinny cows. My son owns a distillery on the land adjacent to my ranch. We pump the effluent from the brewing process onto the pastures for irrigation. Last week a pipe broke and created a large pool of effluent and the cows got into it. A couple of cows got drunk/bloated and died in the 99* Texas heat. Never a dull moment on the ranch...

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Out of curiosity what prompted going from diesel to a 2017 gas Colorado?
I wasn't going to post about this, but since you asked...
I love my Colorado (obviously--I'm on my third) and I loved my MiniMax. It was a fantastic towing machine and the fuel economy was just incredible. Unfortunately, my particular truck was just too unreliable. I owned it for 20 months/28k miles and had to take it back to the dealership 6 times. The leaking alternator was irritating but not fatal. But the last two times I was towing a stock trailer I had to cut the trip short and limp home with a CEL glowing in my face. DPF sensor problems. I might have just gotten a lemon, but my truck has to work on my ranch and the loaner SUV they give me while it's in the shop won't tow a cattle trailer. ;-)
In the past years I owned two different Nissan Frontiers, and neither of them spent a minute in the shop. I'm not giving up on the Colorado, but I couldn't tolerate a truck with that many problems. Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Hey, CaryBosse--It's been a while! Actually I got one better than skinny cows. My son owns a distillery on the land adjacent to my ranch. We pump the effluent from the brewing process onto the pastures for irrigation. Last week a pipe broke and created a large pool of effluent and the cows got into it. A couple of cows got drunk/bloated and died in the 99* Texas heat. Never a dull moment on the ranch...
Sorry to hear about the cows. Wildlife and livestock in Texas has taken a beating in last 10 days or so.

Went through Austin this weekend, but couldn't stop. Was with a group hauling relief supplies to the coast around Corpus. Did the bypass toll road going down, returned on I35 Saturday night. Didn't get home till midnight.

It was pretty funny to see all the gas shortages and price gouging on fuel from San Antonio north to DFW. We topped off our tanks before we headed to the Coast in Kened, Texas at a Walmart. Gas was $2.19 per gallon, don't remember what we paid for diesel in the rental truck. We were running the big yellow rental and a Ford Expedition hauling a trailer with spare gas cans. Sure wish we had taken my truck. The Expedition kept overheating, couldn't do over 60 MPH the whole trip. If I hadn't needed an oil change, I would have turned around and gotten my truck before we got out of Tarrant County. Still was a great trip, seeing the strength of the people on the coast. Would offer relief supplies and people would only take a little bit, saying my neighbor needs this more than I do.

FYI, anyone going down that way, if you want to make some new best friends, bring insect repellent, cases of it. I am from South Louisiana and this was worst mosquitoes I ever had to fight.

Everything I read tells me if I was to replace my truck, it would be with another Twin, maybe a Colorado this time, but stick with the V6. I don't have any diesel background and I am too old to learn.

Reactions: GraniteBlue05
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.