Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Colorado regular cab, 2.9L 2WD
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A bit of a neophyte question -- just acquired a '07 LS reg cab with the 2.9L. Need a number of replacement parts (tailgate, tail light assembly, drivers seat, etc.)

For the body parts, it looks like the 1st gen is pretty much identical on the tailgate and tail lights from '04 to '12. As I'm junkyard-bound, are there any issues I should note?

The driver's seat is the low-end -- nothing electrical about it and it only has the one wiring harness (presumably the seatbelt sensor). So many seem to show that weird wear pattern on the left edge, with the foam worn out above the metal framework. As this is the regular cab, is this something that changed from model to model in 1st gen?

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Why not have an auto upholstery should recover both seats. That foam is repairable.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why not have an auto upholstery should recover both seats. That foam is repairable.
I thought about it. Turns out, a decent repair would have been >$150 here locally. Nice seat covers even more. I found a seat in great shape at a local junk yard (Martin's Auto Salvage in Raleigh) for $40.

This is my 'beater' truck for a few years. I have less than $2500 in it total thus far. The wife thinks I'm crazy. She may be right, but she did marry me.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
I thought about it. Turns out, a decent repair would have been >$150 here locally. Nice seat covers even more. I found a seat in great shape at a local junk yard (Martin's Auto Salvage in Raleigh) for $40.

This is my 'beater' truck for a few years. I have less than $2500 in it total thus far. The wife thinks I'm crazy. She may be right, but she did marry me.
A reliable daily driver for 2.5k is a great deal at today's prices.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A reliable daily driver for 2.5k is a great deal at today's prices.
My thoughts exactly. Heck, even in a non-Covid market. It can rust out from under me and owes me nothing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts