Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Park Assist Button - No Light - '19 Canyon

5599 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Rick783
Maybe I don't understand what this does, but I think something is wrong with mine. I just got upgraded to a '19 Canyon ('16 Colorado) last week and I noticed when I would truck on I would get "Park assist off" on the dash...thought nothing of it. I got to messing around with all the buttons today finally and noticed the Park Assist button in the center area next to the Lane Departure button. The light was off. I push it, nothing happens. But when I turn truck off and back on, the light pops on for a split second and off again.

But when I go into the touchscreen settings and go to Vehicle and Collision Alert System, it says Park Assist it ON, but the light is not ON on the the button. Is this right? Or is there an issue with my system somewhere?

I had my wife stand in front and behind truck and went slow, no beeping. I then put a garbage can in front and back, same thing...no beeping when slowly approaching.

I read in another forum on an older Sierra that disconnecting battery for 10 minutes fixed issue with computer. Will that do any harm or lose any settings if I do so?

Thanks!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is probably not much help but was interesting to me. What I really want in the future is pedestrian alert all 4 corners, also works for small dogs on my sister in laws Lexus, and I would really like that feature. 2019 GMC Canyon Adds Rear Park Assist: Feature Spotlight
Maybe I don't understand what this does, but I think something is wrong with mine. I just got upgraded to a '19 Canyon ('16 Colorado) last week and I noticed when I would truck on I would get "Park assist off" on the dash...thought nothing of it. I got to messing around with all the buttons today finally and noticed the Park Assist button in the center area next to the Lane Departure button. The light was off. I push it, nothing happens. But when I turn truck off and back on, the light pops on for a split second and off again.

But when I go into the touchscreen settings and go to Vehicle and Collision Alert System, it says Park Assist it ON, but the light is not ON on the the button. Is this right? Or is there an issue with my system somewhere?

I had my wife stand in front and behind truck and went slow, no beeping. I then put a garbage can in front and back, same thing...no beeping when slowly approaching.

I read in another forum on an older Sierra that disconnecting battery for 10 minutes fixed issue with computer. Will that do any harm or lose any settings if I do so?

Thanks!
Sounds like it's not working properly. I'm pretty sure I have a light on the button, and it beeps and shows a flashing warning in the center driver display when it triggers. It only works for behind though. Nothing in front, unless you got the "safety package" which has "collision warning" or something like that. I don't have that so I don't know much more about it than that.

As new as it is, I'd just take it to a dealer and let them figure it out. Could be something simple or it could be a wiring fault or a bad sensor. You could try disconnecting the battery, but you'll probably lose all of your radio and other settings. I wouldn't mess with it personally.
Thanks. Just made an appointment.
All fixed! Took in Saturday and they said it must have been tripped when battery was replaced in May (not sure why on that), and they had to reset the module and has been working fine since.
Reactions: 1
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.