Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 2005 GMC Canyon and I have been driving it for a few months but about 3 days ago I noticed that the panic alarm goes off just randomly. It usually happens when i try to lock it or unlock it with my key fob. A few times it has gone off just when I have been sitting inside it just about to put the keys in the ignition and there it goes. Does anyone know how i can fix it?

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
:welcome to C'Fans

When this issue occurs, do all of the alarm functions work i.e. horn pulse, headlight flash, interior lights illuminate? If so, something is triggering the Body Control Module. If it only happens when you are handling the remote that might indicate a short or failure within the remote. Do you have a spare remote? If so, does this problem occur with it also? When the alarm triggers, does it shut off if you press the button on the remote, or start the truck?

You can always pop open the remote and check the condition inside. Maybe something has broken loose from the circuit board. Also check to see that something is not causing the "Alarm" button to stick.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked the key fob and I found a price of debris stuck in the rubber mesh under the panic alarm part. I got it out and now I have had no issues. I did replace the shell of my key fob last week so it must have gotten in there when I moved the circuit board over to the new case. I have had no issues and it works just fine now. Thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.