Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've a 2015 Canyon. I see that on at least some newer models (17 or 18) the trim that surrounds the 3 parallel bars on the main grill are painted. See pic. I want to do that to mine. Anyone have experience with this? Can the "surround" be removed and painted? Can I buy primered or body color versions from GMC? Will the part off a 17 or 18 fit my 15? Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, Dorsey. Next, are these a handful to replace? When I was researching air dam removal I think I saw that removing the grill requires removing the entire front end.

·
Super Moderator
4,277 Posts
You can find them cheaper on Amazon, eBay, and GMPartsdirect type websites. The All-Terrain models came that way or at least they did in 2016.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Grill

plastic dip no need to remove

Attachments

Reactions: CAgander

·
Registered
578 Posts
I did this to my 2016 Canyon, bought a grill on Ebay that a dealer swapped out for the chrome grill. The surround can be removed from grill to paint. Removing the front is how you will need to swap and is very easy to do.
Takes 15 minutes if you already have the lower air-dam removed. Don't waste your time plastic dipping the grill surround, that stuff will peal when you pressure wash the truck plus it will not match factor color.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I did this to my 2016 Canyon, bought a grill on Ebay that a dealer swapped out for the chrome grill. The surround can be removed from grill to paint. Removing the front is how you will need to swap and is very easy to do.
Takes 15 minutes if you already have the lower air-dam removed. Don't waste your time plastic dipping the grill surround, that stuff will peal when you pressure wash the truck plus it will not match factor color.
Do the 3 parallel bars pop off for painting as well?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts