Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • Truck seat covers are up to 76% off right now on eBay. Click here for Black! Tan! Multi-coloured! even Camo!
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

Registered
2018 Colorado WT Extended Cab 4x4
I would agree with the defective factory paint theory. Especially if other GM blue metallic paint jobs are having the same issue. I used to own a 2006 Ford Ranger with the Ford white paint and gray primer combination (non-metallic paint) that was notorious for peeling. I still see a few of those un-a-peeling Ford paint jobs on the road from time to time. Another Nissan metallic gray vehicle I had faded badly in the southwestern sun after only 6 years regardless of how meticulously I tried to take care of the paint. I re-painted the vehicle with the same paint (I know,...not smart, but cheaper than a totally different color) only to have it begin to fade again after 6 years just as the original factory paint did. I love those old school metallic paints, but they sure don't like the sun. 馃槑

Registered
Took my truck in for alignment yesterday at dealership. They gave me a loaner car. Got it back several hours later. They said all went well except a bird pooped on the hood. My truck鈥檚 white. When I cleaned it off thankfully it hadn鈥檛 worked through the clear coat to the paint out in hot sun. But you could see a dull spot where it was. I used a scratch and blemish remover on it and after a lot of working got it to hard to find but just slight mark. Then put wax on. Yea that damn bird poop is killer to your paint.

Registered
2007 Colorado LT, Factory Lowered
Back in 1995,, (yes, over 25 years,,, ) I bought a Suburban.
The truck had been upgraded like a conversion van, captain chair seats, TV & VCR, and wheel well extension running boards.
The also added the kinda maroon paint over the tan, then clear-coated the entire truck.

Even to this day, that paint is perfect.
I think if I had a vehicle that I wanted to be perfect for a LONG time, I would get a street rod shop to add ghost flames, then clear-coat the entire vehicle.

My opinion is that the factory does not add enough clear-coat,,
SOMETHING kept the Suburban perfect,, double clear-coat did not hurt.

Registered
Hey all, new to the group. I've only had my new 2022 Colorado for three months and there are two spots on the hood where I can only assume bird poop ate all the way through the clear coat and paint to expose the metal of the hood. Anyone else ever see something like this on such a new paint job?
That's a bummer, but since the chip problem thousands and of thousands of vehicles sit in fields parking lots for months even over a year. We have trucks filled everywhere you go in Michigan. So lots of vehicles are going to need work. I'd find out if your vehicle was a parked vehicle, then they should fix it. Good luck.

Registered
Back in 1995,, (yes, over 25 years,,, ) I bought a Suburban.
The truck had been upgraded like a conversion van, captain chair seats, TV & VCR, and wheel well extension running boards.
The also added the kinda maroon paint over the tan, then clear-coated the entire truck.

Even to this day, that paint is perfect.
I think if I had a vehicle that I wanted to be perfect for a LONG time, I would get a street rod shop to add ghost flames, then clear-coat the entire vehicle.

My opinion is that the factory does not add enough clear-coat,,
SOMETHING kept the Suburban perfect,, double clear-coat did not hurt.
Super sharpe.

Registered
Wow, after looking @ OP's pics - that's some bad doo...doo. That's why I carry a bottle of waterless wash & micro towels in all vehicles. If we get "crapped" on - spritz & wipe off. :D

OP; I'm sure dealer will make it right - definitely have them check entire vehicle.

Registered
Hey all, new to the group. I've only had my new 2022 Colorado for three months and there are two spots on the hood where I can only assume bird poop ate all the way through the clear coat and paint to expose the metal of the hood. Anyone else ever see something like this on such a new paint job?
I park under a tree, and have bird droppings all the time. Sometimes a week or two before i get them washed off. In 50 some years of driving I鈥檝e never had that issue on any car or truck. File a claim with the dealer. Just a suggestion, you may want to hit the hood with a pressure washer, just to see how many other area you have.

Registered
I recommend getting a new bird.

Registered
2022 GMC Canyon Elevation Crew Cab
I would bet you had an early 22 and let the bird turd sit for a while. Sorry but this is entirely user error and your warranty claim should be denied. There's nothing wrong with the paint and most bird turds will eat through any automotive paint if left untreated. It's not uncommon and definitely not an issue with the paint job. Bird turds are acidic.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts