Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Search didn't return any results for P24A5. Is this a first? Do I win a prize?

I did recently reroute my block heater cord forward. I'll look to see if I disrupted anything in the process as it runs through that general area.

Question before I look for anyone that knows: What is the function of the vacuum actuator on the manifold side of the EGR assembly? All else seems to be electrically operated and enclosed.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
OK - I applied vacuum to the tube from the vacuum solenoid at the top of the engine. ...Won't hold vacuum. Pulled the wheel well liner and found the block heater cord is nicely routed out of harms way. However in the process of pulling it through I had knocked the vacuum tube off the actuator nipple. Now to find the actuator canister and get it re-seated. Joy...

In the unlikely event this happens to anyone else, the actuator is visible above the starter solenoid in this picture.
The vacuum nipple sans-hose is outlined in red.

And with the vacuum line connected:

Holds vacuum and operates nicely from the top side now. Hmmm... What to do with the rest of my Sunday?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.