Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Left work for lunch today and barely got 100ft when I got DIC messages - Reduced engine power, service stabilitrac. The stabilitrac, traction control off and check engine light came on. So I pulled over and shut down the truck, waited a sec and restarted. The check engine light was the only light on now. The truck had its usual power and drove fine. Stopped by an automotive shop and had the code read and cleared. P2127, a quick search reveal a accelarator pedal positioning error. I will be taking it to the dealer, the truck only has 600 miles on it, I was not expecting issues to pop up so soon! :mad:
Any one else had this happen?

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Has been a loose connector at the top of the accelerator pedal in some instances.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got home last night and checked the connector. It looked fine and felt tight. This morning however the errors where back. I cleared the code but it popped immediately. So, the truck will go to the dealer tomorrow. Will keep you posted

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know you all have been holding your breath, but alas the dealer is still waiting on the pedal assembly. So the truck is still sitting with them, couple more days then the truck would have been in the shop longer than what I have had it for :cry:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you are still holding your breath, let it out. Finally got p'ed of yesterday and wrote to the service director and manager of the dealer the truck is at. After having the truck for almost a week, I still do not have a loaner or rental or any word about what is going on with my truck. The service manager called within 5 minute of my email. Hooked me up with a loaner, 2020 Silverado LT. He also said they can't find the pedal assembly and have no idea how long it will be until they have the truck fixed.
I wonder if the bank would be okay with me not paying until I have the truck back? :unsure:

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
you are patient, I would have demanded a loaner when they siad they had too order the pedal....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I tried, but never got a call back from the service advisor. That is why the email went to his superiors. I also do have another truck and can ride the bike. I decided out of principle that I need to get the loaner. I did email chevy HQ but haven't heard from them yet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got the truck back on Friday, all seemed good this weekend. It was the accelerator pedal. The signals from the assembly was to week to be picked up by the computer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
4 Participants
Bokbfok
Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
ColoradoFans.com is the best forum for the Chevy Colorado community to discuss the truck’s reliability, diesel or transmissions problems and more.
Full Forum Listing