Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,883 Posts
what year is your truck?

If you have a 2004-2006, check the fuel return line hoses. you can also check the breather hose on the filler neck and evap canister to make sure they are still attached.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone, just became a member one question......my 2007 chevy colorado has P0496 Evap Emission High Purge Flow...before I became a member to this site I had read from someoneand it was mentioned to change the gas cap and erase the CEL which i did but the CEL came back.

Any new suggestions?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I’m having this same issue right now. Changed gas caps, visually inspected hoses and connections. So far nothing. I see this thread is old, but PLEASE PEOPLE UPDATE YOUR SOLUTIONS! I’m on many forums where most people tend to only post when they’re desperate for help and when they figure out what their issue is, they move on with their lives and forget that returning to the forum to relay what happened is what we are needing from ya’ll!
With that said, I will definitely be back here when I fix this issue;)

·
Registered
10,730 Posts
I’m having this same issue right now. Changed gas caps, visually inspected hoses and connections. So far nothing. I see this thread is old, but PLEASE PEOPLE UPDATE YOUR SOLUTIONS! I’m on many forums where most people tend to only post when they’re desperate for help and when they figure out what their issue is, they move on with their lives and forget that returning to the forum to relay what happened is what we are needing from ya’ll!
With that said, I will definitely be back here when I fix this issue;)
P0496 is a purge code not just a leak. I would put a purge valve on it in a heartbeat.
What are you driving?

Reactions: BikeRack11

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hahaha I would have come back sooner if it hadn’t been so difficult to access. I swear this truck was purposely designed to deter people from repairing them. And you saved me a ton of trouble shooting— it was indeed the purge valve—THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Did you have to remove the wheel/tire to get to it ? Anyone ?
I have the exact same truck and code.

·
Registered
10,730 Posts
Did you have to remove the wheel/tire to get to it ? Anyone ?
I have the exact same truck and code.
like this? I did one on a Trail Blazer with a straight 6, looks like the same mounting. I was able to get it from the top.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts