Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the way back from work this week my tow/haul/exhaust brake stopped functioning but had no check engine light or warning. Checked the codes with my phone anyways and found P00E9. IAT3 sensor performance. Dealer removed it and found it plugging up with crap from the egr system. This was a problem on the older duramaxs until they had a fix for it. Anyways, we installed the new clean sensor and it's good for now.

Truck has 35,000 km on it and been deleted for 10,000 km. Residual egr deposits :(

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fyi, this sensor is the MAP and IAT3 sensor.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sorry to dig up an old thread but my truck with 22500 miles just produced this code.... Is this what a catch can would have prevented? Or is this a freak thing? My truck is 6 months old.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Sorry to dig up an old thread but my truck with 22500 miles just produced this code.... Is this what a catch can would have prevented? Or is this a freak thing? My truck is 6 months old.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Most likely rare. I dont even remember seeing this the first time it was brought up and sounds like your only the 2nd to report it.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
My 2020 colorado Duramax has had this happen 3x in one month. What is causing this to happen? I can’t keep taking my truck in every week for a new sensor. Any ideas on a permanent solution? P00e9
Have them check for a boost leak or air intake hose clamp loose. Hard to believe it is the sensor 3 times.

·
Registered
2018 zr2 ccsb duramax
389 Posts
Yea one sensor sure 3? Nope!

·
Registered
339 Posts
My 2020 colorado Duramax has had this happen 3x in one month. What is causing this to happen? I can’t keep taking my truck in every week for a new sensor. Any ideas on a permanent solution? P00e9
from a dealer perspective theres not much to do if theyre following the factory manual.
cleaning seems appropriate though, but as others said you dont hear about these popping up too often...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.