Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work in private EMS on a 96 hour straight shift and we are subject to long distance transfers with no notice at any hour of the day or night. Our normal area sends us up to 12 hours in any direction. I have a large cooler mounted in the bed of the Canyon but needed something small to pack up on Monday morning and be ready to go over my 4 day shift. I decided to try to the Ozark Trail 12 can soft Sided Cooler. Bought it Friday morning, went home and packed it with ice, zipped it up and let it sit inside the house which we keep at 70 degrees. Saturday morning I opened it up and had one big ice cube. Sunday morning it was about 25% water and still a large ice cube. Sunday night there was a little bit more water and the large chunk of ice cubes was a little bit smaller, but still about 70% frozen. I had to empty it to get ready for work on Monday morning. This cooler advertises as keeping ice for up to 2 days, but at 60+ hours, I was super impressed. I did not attempt to test the zipper for leakage, but I believe that if it dumped over opposite of where the two zippers pull together it probably wouldn't leak much if at all. We've finally reached winter temps here in North Louisiana and I don't expect these results to be the same with the cooler sitting in a hot truck for two days, but traveling in an air conditioned vehicle, tossed in a rear floorboard, I suspect this is going to be a great addition. I currently have 4 20oz bottles of water, 2 ham sandwiches and a couple of snack cakes along with 2 reusable ice packs and still have a little room left and at just over 32 hours into my shift, the contents are still cold. This little cooler is built well and the zipper and zipper pulls so far are solid. I don't work for or receive compensation from Walmart or Ozark Trail. Just thought that anyone on the fence about putting a cooler in the cab of the truck or the quality of the Ozark Trail might find this useful. Screenshot_20191112-121434.png

1 - 1 of 1 Posts