Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading threads about wheels and tires for a couple hours now, and there is a lot of conflicting information. At the risk of getting flamed for a lack of research, I'm just going to post what I'd like to do and hopefully get some opinions and info.

I just bought a set of midnight edition 18" rims. I'd like to match them with a set of ATs (Falken Wildpeak is a frontrunner so far). I'd like to go just a bit bigger than the stock tire size, but I've read from some, but not everyone, that I'd have rubbing issues. I'm looking at 265/65's, putting those falkens at 32". My truck is an LT Crew Cab and is stock.

Any chance I can install these wheels and tires without rubbing issues?

What if I added spacers?
I've considered doing this anyways, because I like the flush look. Probably go with a mild spacer, 1.25".

What if I added a leveling kit to the front?
I've read from some that this helps with rubbing, but then read from others that the clearance issue has much more to do with the tire width than height, hence my confusion.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Read the lifts and level threads, and it will be clearer, 'cause they do it for the bigger tires. The wheel gallery threads is not all the same motive.

Tire choice in that size will rub with some, and not others, because of an aggresive sidewall lugging design usually, on the sway bay.
That size works with factory wheel without rubbing w/AT3's and leveling kits. Adding spacers or higher offset wheels, will cause a rub on the front of wheel liners.

Reactions: De1taE1even
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.