Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas. I'm from Northeast Arkansas and just bought a ZR2. I don't plan on doing much mud bogging or dune jumping, but I am very interested in doing some "overland" trips. I know that term gets thrown around a lot, but more or less I love trail riding on four wheelers and side by sides, and I love camping out in the great outdoors, so I am excited to finally have a truck where and I can do all of that over long trips through the wilderness.

That being said, I'm completely uneducated when it comes to this sort of thing, as I've never ventured onto and logging roads or marked trails. In fact I have no idea where to start looking for some. I was hoping I could create this thread in order to get some maps, landmarks, scenic places, and advice on gear and vehicle prep. I will probably only go 3-4 times a year, but I want to make sure I am well prepared.

My brother has a TRD Off Road so I'll have at least one other truck with me hopefully on these trips. If there is anyone else in the area that would like to meet up at some places feel free to PM!

Thanks!

·
Registered
299 Posts
+1 on the Expedition Portal. Great resource with articles and an active forum.

Another good resource is Overland Bound. This site also has an active forum with great information. They have a fairly large paid member base and do regional get togethers and trail runs throughout the year.

There is also Overland Expo West and Overland Expo East which are shows dedicated to overlanding with vendors and classes on overlanding.

Finally, checkout youtube. Lots of guys post videos of the overlanding trips, tips and techniques. Just search for overlanding and a ton of stuff will come up.

-Curtiss

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.