Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Out with the old, in with the new.

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  The Tin Man 
#1 ·
Hello all.

Recently, I sold my 2010 Colorado, and picked up a 2016 (to avoid that pesky 8 speed).

My old Colorado has the inline 5, 3.7L engine, which was excellent, if a bit thirsty for its size. The truck had the 1LT trim level, which is to say, minimally equipped. It however, was dead reliable.

I wanted something nicer and more comfortable to daily drive around, so I eyed the selection and eventually settled on a black, 2016 V6 LT with the works. Luxury, convenience, safety & trailering packages.

It's a lot nicer than my outgoing Colorado. My new-ish one has the leather interior with heated seats, (Head seats or bust).

My first big issue is I immediately had to have that chugging transmission update done by the dealership. I couldn't stand it bogging and the poor acceleration.

My biggest complaints are NVH related. (Noise, vibration, harshness) Steering wheel creak, passenger side speaker rattle, door trim creaking, etc. I'm working on getting all of these sorted, and in the meantime, just installed some running boards.

All in all, I think it's a excellent platform with some issues that need to get resolved. Looking at you, A8 transmissions.

Bonus picture of my Colorado and Camaro.

See less See more
#2 ·
Great looking upgrade, congrats! Hope you get all the squeaks and rattles sorted!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Welcome and good looking rides.
Did you ever have any PassLock problems with the Gen1?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.