Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to order black bowties for my truck, can someone tell me best place to order. I'd rather not go through a dealer unless it's the only resort.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Reactions: Toughsox

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Several have just used plastidip and painted there oem bow ties. They look great. $80 cheaper.

Reactions: White016

·
Registered
244 Posts
Gmpartsdirect? I use to go have the dealer find the part number and see how much they were selling them then compare gmpartsdirect.

They sell at list I believe and not at the 50% markup of the dealer.

·
Premium Member
4,885 Posts
Several have just used plastidip and painted there oem bow ties. They look great. $80 cheaper.
110% correct. Easy to do, looks great. Mine is almost 2 years old and still looks as good as the day I did it.
And at the time I did it, they wanted $155 for the black emblems. >:)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Have done plastidip bow ties on my last 3 trucks. All hold up perfect and look the same as day one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,826 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
I looked up the part number on GM Site for the Pair...
Then I setup a search on ebay.
I didn't rush to buy them, and got an outstanding deal on mine.

Used a heat gun and fishing line for the rear removal.
The front, was easy to remove and snap the black one in.
It really looks great on Summit White.

After doing the change to black, I just had to get rid of the Center Hub covers.
I went with the Black Gloss, with Silver Bowtie.

Keith,
Marietta, GA

·
Registered
485 Posts
So far so good, but it's only been 2 days.....although it did go thru a touchless car wash.

Wondering how well the vinyl adheres though. My bow ties have that "diamond" pattern texturing and I tried some other vinyl film and it would not stick well at all.

Spray on plasti dip seems to work best for the textured bow ties.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.