Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the right side of the tailgate;

For the upper part of each front fender, right by where the fender meets the door;

I think it's going to look good.

· Super Moderator
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
6,058 Posts
This is part of making it your own....
I like the way that you are thinking

Reactions: American Truck

· Registered
2021 Z71 Colorado Midnight Crew 3.6, 1.25" Trail FX level kit
233 Posts
Agree, make it your own, Question, why red / chrome on back then black / red on the sides ? Why not the same colour combination all the way around ?

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Agree, make it your own, Question, why red / chrome on back then black / red on the sides ? Why not the same colour combination all the way around ?
Great question @probak118 ;

Not trying to come across as a jerk, but, I didn't design them.

They are genuine Chevy badges, albeit not necessarily specific to the Colorado.

That being said, I wasn't that concerned that the colors of all the badging matched, I just wanted them to be Chevy badges & not from another company like Dodge or Toyota.

I think it's all going to tie together pretty well, once I get everything installed.

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Found some front & rear bowtie emblems with red accents that seem to fit the scheme of the other emblems that I ordered, so, I ordered these as well.

Those stock, big gold Chevy bowties had to go.

· Premium Member
2018 Colorado LT Crew Cab 4x4 Summit White
239 Posts
Please post pics after you've installed 'em.

· Premium Member
2018 Colorado LT Crew Cab 4x4 Summit White
239 Posts
(y) The wait is the toughest part!

Reactions: Gray Fox 19

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
(y) The wait is the toughest part!
Yep, I ordered a bunch of WeatherTech stuff as well;

Hood protector, 1st & 2nd row floor liners, Techliner Bed & Tailgate Mats.

Have a bunch of LED Lights coming too, Hi & Low Beam LED headlights, LED Fog-lights & LED reverse lights.

I think the first couple of items will start trickling in today, while the bulk of the stuff will show-up by Monday evening.

· Super Moderator
6,058 Posts
Weather Tech mudflaps came today too, but, that's a project for tomorrow.
If like most everyone else...
Driver Side Front will be annoying to put on.
I don't understand why...
But, I love them anyways

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
If like most everyone else...
Driver Side Front will be annoying to put on.
I don't understand why...
But, I love them anyways
Thanks for the heads up @gherbert ;

Believe it or not, the Bed Tech-liner was kind of a pain in the arse to manipulate into place, because of how WeatherTech packaged it for shipping.

They had it rolled up, which wasn't very smart, considering the application and that it's supposed to lay flat.

They provided some Velcro to assist with the flattening process, but, not nearly enough.

I had to go to Lowe's and buy more heavy-duty outdoor Velcro strips.

I'm happy with the end result, but, seems like it was harder than it should have been.

I want to try and get rid of that friggin' front air-dam/spoiler tomorrow too.

Found a pretty good how-to YouTube video on that, so, I know what I need to do.

· Super Moderator
6,058 Posts
Thanks for the heads up @gherbert ;

Believe it or not, the Bed Tech-liner was kind of a pain in the arse to manipulate into place, because of how WeatherTech packaged it for shipping.

They had it rolled up, which wasn't very smart considering the application and that its supposed to lay flat.

They provided some Velcro to assist with the flattening process, but, not nearly enough.

I had to go to Lowe's and buy more heavy-duty outdoor Velcro strips.

I want to try and get rid of that friggin' front air-dam/spoiler tomorrow too.
I am not sure if they switch that so the xcrews to the Air Dam cen be removed from the bottom.....
I never removed mine so I wouldn't know how mine is... Heard they changed at some point

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am not sure if they switch that so the xcrews to the Air Dam cen be removed from the bottom.....
I never removed mine so I wouldn't know how mine is... Heard they changed at some point
Pretty sure mine still come out from the top (from what I remember when I peaked under there yesterday) which makes no sense, but, the video I watched showed me how to deal with that.

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So Friday afternoon, I added a WeatherTech hood guard, added the emblems that I ordered and got rid of that godforsaken air-dam.

Here are some pics;

BEFORE

AFTER

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have new front & rear bowtie emblems & WeatherTech mudflaps I still have to install, hopefully tomorrow afternoon, or Tuesday afternoon, I'll get to that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts