Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I placed an order for a Colorado WT Extended Cab 2wd V6, with the WT Convenience package this past Saturday, May 28th. My dealer quoted me about 7-10 weeks because it "isn't a complicated build" but after looking over this sub, I feel like that may not be the case...

Edit: I don't have an order number and when I texted my sales associate he said he still doesn't have it.. I asked about allocation and he said the guy who would know is not in today... I don't know about this y'all...

Edit: Well, it was too good to be true. After contacting the sales manager since my salesman didn’t want to give me any information, I was told after 4 WEEKS of thinking my order was placed, that my order had not been placed and in fact, would not be placed. The manager said the system would not let him order a V6 Extended Cab even though it’s available on the Chevy website. I’m so mad and disappointed that I spent a month of waiting for nothing!!

·
Registered
446 Posts
A WT (Work Truck) doesn't have all of the bells and whistles that the top trim has, so availability of parts should be better. So a "not complicated build" sounds about right. Can you get a WT in a crew cab or are they all extended cab?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A WT (Work Truck) doesn't have all of the bells and whistles that the top trim has, so availability of parts should be better. So a "not complicated build" sounds about right. Can you get a WT in a crew cab or are they all extended cab?
I guess so. It just seems pretty quick compared to how long other people have waited for theirs. Yes, they have crew cab WT's on the website in both the 2.5l and V6 options.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I placed an order for a Colorado WT Extended Cab 2wd V6, with the WT Convenience package this past Saturday, May 28th. My dealer quoted me about 7-10 weeks because it "isn't a complicated build" but after looking over this sub, I feel like that may not be the case...

Edit: I don't have an order number and when I texted my sales associate he said he still doesn't have it.. I asked about allocation and he said the guy who would know is not in today... I don't know about this y'all...
I ordered a GMC Canyon extended cab beginning of may. Vehicle is already produced and is in transit. I dont know if that means its on a train or sitting in a lot waiting to get picked up. I had to call my sales rep multiple times to get updates. Wasn't until May 24th that I was told vehicle was produced... only after I called him...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ordered a GMC Canyon extended cab beginning of may. Vehicle is already produced and is in transit. I dont know if that means its on a train or sitting in a lot waiting to get picked up. I had to call my sales rep multiple times to get updates. Wasn't until May 24th that I was told vehicle was produced... only after I called him...
Oh nice! Hopefully you get it soon! I’m guessing they didn’t give you an order number either?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I attempted to order a V6 Extended Cab LT last week. When the dealer went to put it into the system, they found the V6 was no longer an option and called me.

I ended up adjusting to CCLB WT to keep the V6. It actually ended up being less expensive than the LT Extended Cab.

Does GM offer some form of order tracking available for the customers? Following the Maverick rollout, I know Ford was doing it. I was told 10 weeks.

Also, I was told not to expect a 23 before next Summer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts