Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my Colorado today, Monday, May 23, 2022. It's a 4WD, Crew Cab, Short box, Z71, in Sand Dune Metallic with:
  • 3L V6 Engine
  • Safety Package (Fwd Collision Alert and Lane Departure Warning)
  • Spray-on bedliner
  • Integrated trailer brake controller
  • Trailering Package and
  • Navigation System Display

The dealer says that Chevy is estimating delivery in 10-12 weeks. This dealer is only discounting new vehicles $500 but that is better than anywhere else I found. I have never bought any vehicles from them before but they do service my K3500 Silverado.

He also stated that Chevy only enters orders into their system on Thursdays. So there will be a couple of days delay waiting on the Chevy Ordering System.

LeRoy

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
3,978 Posts
Congrats on your order. Hope everything goes smoothly with the process

Reactions: 16WhiteColly

·
Registered
2022 Colorado ZR2 Bison ccsb 2.8l Sand Dune
72 Posts
Congrats on your order. Don't be surprised if its longer than 10-12 weeks though. Shipping alone from Wentzville could take that long depending on where you are.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Congrads but like mentioned. Be patient ordered my z71 10 months ago. It was built two weeks ago but is still sitting at the factory to be shipped to Ontario Canada.
Check again today. ChipGuyZR2 and my ride (my TPW was may 9th, he was mid April) are sharing a train as we speak that just left wentzville, headed for Ontario.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Check again today. ChipGuyZR2 and my ride (my TPW was may 9th, he was mid April) are sharing a train as we speak that just left wentzville, headed for Ontario.
How are you getting these updates? My dealership won't tell me anything more than "it's still in shipping". Hoping mine is also sharing a train with yours to Ontario. Ordered Mid-March.

·
Registered
2022 Colorado ZR2 Bison ccsb 2.8l Sand Dune
72 Posts
Ive seen other posts of guys sharing maps etc so I asked my dealer directly if he could send me a screen shot of the vinview. They seem to only divulge info if you ask for specific stuff. Once I asked what the current code was at in the build stage he started updating me as it went along. Chevy chat wont give you the 3300/4000/4300 etc codes in Canada. The dealer definitely has had better info then the chevy canada chat, in my experience anyways.

·
Registered
220 Posts
How are you getting these updates? My dealership won't tell me anything more than "it's still in shipping". Hoping mine is also sharing a train with yours to Ontario. Ordered Mid-March.
By asking my dealer. I've been pestering him non stop for order codes, screenshots, etc. The guy is getting a bottle of crown when I go to pick up the truck for all the trouble I've put him through!

But yes, I agree with ChipGuyZR2 - Chat was pretty much useless. All they could say was "Order not accepted", "Order accepted but not produced", "order produced". Dealer could give me TPW, order codes, screenshot of transit progress, etc. Much better.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
By asking my dealer. I've been pestering him non stop for order codes, screenshots, etc. The guy is getting a bottle of crown when I go to pick up the truck for all the trouble I've put him through!

But yes, I agree with ChipGuyZR2 - Chat was pretty much useless. All they could say was "Order not accepted", "Order accepted but not produced", "order produced". Dealer could give me TPW, order codes, screenshot of transit progress, etc. Much better.
Dennon,
Thank You for your response. Hopefully my dealer will be able to update me.
LeRoy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Dennon,
Thank You for your response. Hopefully my dealer will be able to update me.
LeRoy
With all respect to your dealer, 10 - 12 weeks is a dream. My Z71 EXT CAB equipped similar to yours was built 4/25 and has been sitting in a gravel pit (oops, Bedrock Quarry) since then. Dealer has been no help at all as to what the delay might be. Best I can glean from the web and GM history is that it is awaiting some part or chip and when that arrives the truck will return to the plant for "final" assembly and eventual shipping. The guy at the chat line offered that if GM follows last years example I will see my truck in August / September.

·
Registered
220 Posts
With all respect to your dealer, 10 - 12 weeks is a dream. My Z71 EXT CAB equipped similar to yours was built 4/25 and has been sitting in a gravel pit (oops, Bedrock Quarry) since then. Dealer has been no help at all as to what the delay might be. Best I can glean from the web and GM history is that it is awaiting some part or chip and when that arrives the truck will return to the plant for "final" assembly and eventual shipping. The guy at the chat line offered that if GM follows last years example I will see my truck in August / September.
I mean, 10-12 weeks is aggressive...but I'll be getting mine in 14 ish since order placed with the dealer. That's not that far off...I think it's total luck of the draw. Some people have gotten there's within 2 months. No rhyme or reason to it from what I can tell.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I mean, 10-12 weeks is aggressive...but I'll be getting mine in 14 ish since order placed with the dealer. That's not that far off...I think it's total luck of the draw. Some people have gotten there's within 2 months. No rhyme or reason to it from what I can tell.
I hope you are one of the lucky ones. In looking at a calendar you may be as you have ordered late enough in the model year to have avoided all the delays most of us have endured such as the nine week plant closure and minimal dealer allocations. Were you required to order the wireless phone charger?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I hope you are one of the lucky ones. In looking at a calendar you may be as you have ordered late enough in the model year to have avoided all the delays most of us have endured such as the nine week plant closure and minimal dealer allocations. Were you required to order the wireless phone charger?
Yes actually I was - which I thought was absurd. Do you know anything about that / why?

It was basically the only restriction on my order...bed liner was fine, heated seats were fine, though backup sensors will be a retrofit. But "you MUST take this feature" seemed weird.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes actually I was - which I thought was absurd. Do you know anything about that / why?

It was basically the only restriction on my order...bed liner was fine, heated seats were fine, though backup sensors will be a retrofit. But "you MUST take this feature" seemed weird.
Okay, this is only my theory and I have nothing to back it up - - - GM has a ton of these chargers lying around because no one would buy them as they are so small many phones will not fit in them. So some genius at GM says "we make them mandatory purchases on all Z71's and ZR's plus their Canyon equals"; "Brilliant ! ! !" says Mary Barra . . . Like I said, it's just a thought. I too had to get one. Yous seats were okay to go? Mine are on the dealer refit program.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Okay, this is only my theory and I have nothing to back it up - - - GM has a ton of these chargers lying around because no one would buy them as they are so small many phones will not fit in them. So some genius at GM says "we make them mandatory purchases on all Z71's and ZR's plus their Canyon equals"; "Brilliant ! ! !" says Mary Barra . . . Like I said, it's just a thought. I too had to get one. Yous seats were okay to go? Mine are on the dealer refit program.
That's a valid thought. I think I'll buy the "non charger" version and retrofit it in...don't want the charger, would prefer the storage.

I believe my seats are good to go. I asked GM chat about my order codes - I have the code for needing backup retrofit, but I do not have the code needing seat retrofit. So 99% sure that means the seats are ready.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Ordered a Canyon AT4 on March 3, got word it could be picked up for production this week but, now here is the but it wouldn't be assembled if I still wanted the forward collision alert and the spray on bed liner. Salesman told me only eight AT4's to be assembled this week one would be mine. Hooray

·
Registered
220 Posts
Ordered a Canyon AT4 on March 3, got word it could be picked up for production this week but, now here is the but it wouldn't be assembled if I still wanted the forward collision alert and the spray on bed liner. Salesman told me only eight AT4's to be assembled this week one would be mine. Hooray
I think your dealer is leading you on. In the months of research I've done, and more months of involvement on this forum around order times...not once, ever, has a TPW been assigned the same week as an order acceptance. Usually it's a 1-2 month wait between the two. I think what your salesmen is ACTUALLY saying is that that region only gets to submit 8 AT4s for production...not that they'll get produced that week.

Good news either way if you make the cut, but just make sure your expectations are lined up with reality. And of course, if you don't drop the bedliner and collision alert...you won't even get scheduled.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts